started the center console

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
started the center console

from what some programs are telling me, with the specs of this box, It will be tuned to 33.02..... hertz. I will have about 2.9 cuft to play with haha. This is my first *big-ish* build so some constructive criticism is welcomed.

so far, 95% of the box is assembled, glued and screwed. I want to seal/reinforce the inside and outside better. what do you recomend? I was going to try and take the fiberglass/ bondo route but Im not sure where to start...or if i "REALLY" even need it. Or if I should just seal it with some other material....

This is just the heart of the console. I plan on taking some extra mdf and cutting it to fit the floor of the truck then attaching it to the bottom of the box. that way i can have it at least a inch or two off the floor of the truck for woofer movement. (it will be down-firing BTW).

on the top, I will be adding a lip around the edges and making a couple seperate sections on top for cell phone...remote...or whatever i need too..I think im pretty much screwed as for cup holders unless i make a false top and recess in some cup holders...I dont want to do that because the height is exactly where i want it.

Another big decision on my end it so go with...10's or 12's.....and should I go with a single or duel sub-woofer setup. I have plenty of room for 10's and 12's...but not 15's...though i wish. if anyone knows some good companies out there for subs that handle some pretty big power that wont break the bank..let me know. I'm aiming for this to be LOUD when i want it but sound good when im not trying to **** off other people at the stop light. thanks everyone for any input. wish me luck

Quick Reply: started the center console