Just a Teaser

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a Teaser

Here ya go. take a guess. Give some advice? Broke two ribs yesterday so i had to pause the work. I made it so im comfortable in my front seat, passengers in the back are comfortable, doesn't block my vision. oh yea, this is in the back of my supercab f150, xlt, 2005.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Not my cup of tea. i would have went into taking the seat out and making the bottom into a box if u wanted more space.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't know how much the look fits into it ( vs if it is built to a specific shape ) .

Maybe making the top level to the back of the front seat ?

The other option if you still want to be able to haul 2 people in there, if is the rear seat on the passenger side flips up ( think it is like the SCrew ), to flip the seat up on that side, and build the box to fit in that area ?
Would give more height to the unit, but the depth would be hurt on the bottom side.

Don't know if you plan on having storage on part of it,

Old 02-06-2010, 09:33 AM
i have a 60/40 rear seat. yes i could have removed the smaller seat and made the box bigger. i was strongly suggested to leave the seat in. They said if you make a top side box you want to be able to remove it without it being too much of a hassle. i could have done two tens under the backseat. had something else in mind. yes i still haul people. usually its just a third person, but between all my gear. i decided this would be the best fit. also, the reason i sat the box behind me and not the passenger is for 1. i dont want my passengers behind me. 2. i made the box so it was comfortable to my seat. 3. i dont want to lose any vision when i look over my right shoulder.

what do yall think as far as sub/amps?

no storage in the box.

Last edited by gcart; 02-06-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:48 PM
I feel bad for whomever has to sit next to that thing.
When you remove the backseat you make the box and build a seat onto the top of it.

Subs/Amp depend on what kind of airspace your going to have at the end. Normally its easier to pick out equipment then build to suit it.

You could also just build a box that fits if you lift the seat up rather then sitting on the seat itself.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:06 PM

If you get into a rollover accident with people in the backseat, they are going to die. Find a way to bolt that thing down or something. I probably would have done something more cosmetically appealing.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
If you get into a rollover accident with people in the backseat, they are going to die. Find a way to bolt that thing down or something. I probably would have done something more cosmetically appealing.
What a party crasher. lol, agreed, still funny though.

Trending Topics

Old 02-06-2010, 11:01 PM
The box is most deffinitely not finished. However its just going to be covered with carpet. and ill secure it. the idea was two cvr 12's with a 2000 watt dhd, or 1 L5 or CVR 15.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:22 AM
i'm not gunna lie...that looks like *****....can't do anything a little more custom then having a coffin in the rear seat?

Old 02-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IH8ATTN
i'm not gunna lie...that looks like *****....can't do anything a little more custom then having a coffin in the rear seat?
I'm not trying to be an *** or anything, but
Originally Posted by gcart
The box is most deffinitely not finished.
Give the man some time to heal, I'm sure it'll look better when he's done

Quick Reply: Just a Teaser