2010 headunit RCA outputs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 headunit RCA outputs?

hello

I love my truck but i hate the speakers! I have the Bass turned 2 below midpoint because anything higher and I get speaker rattle and distortion. I would like to add an external amp and a single 12" sub under my rear Screw seats. I don't want to change out the head unit and want to do a stealth installation.

Does the factory single CD head unit in the 09-10 truck have RCA L and R outputs to connect to an amp?

If not then how are you guys hooking up your subs?

I hope I don't have to use one of those horrible speaker level output blocks!

TIA
steven

Old 01-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Good LOCs work just fine.

I just did an install in my GFs Jeep and used one made by PAC... tapped into the rear speaker wires. David Navone makes a good one as well.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:15 AM
used a cheap one back in highschool made by scrothe (sp?).

Only problem using that now is the rear speakers are in the rear doors.....

Originally Posted by Melovidov21
Good LOCs work just fine.

I just did an install in my GFs Jeep and used one made by PAC... tapped into the rear speaker wires. David Navone makes a good one as well.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:33 AM
So go behind the deck. That way if you ever go aftermarket your RCA's are already there. You also have to find a switched 12v source for remote input for the amp, or RAP if you want the amp and sub to stay on like the radio does after you shut the car off.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:29 AM
good idea, looks like this will be a summer project. I dont have a garage and its way too cold out right now! ill just have to look for a sub amp and box in the meantime.

Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
So go behind the deck. That way if you ever go aftermarket your RCA's are already there. You also have to find a switched 12v source for remote input for the amp, or RAP if you want the amp and sub to stay on like the radio does after you shut the car off.

Quick Reply: 2010 headunit RCA outputs?