Problem with new system. PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with new system. PLEASE HELP

Hey there guys so I installed my new system a couple weeks ago, Pioneer head unit, Pioneer door speakers, and a Pioneer amp. Install went smoothly, everything worked, the sound was great. SO, a couple days later I'm driving down the road with the music cranked up when all of a sudden poof, silence. Head unit was still on but nothing coming out of the speakers. When I got home I looked at my amp and the power light wasn't on, so I'm thinking ok maybe I blew a fuse? Well a couple hours later I get back in my truck to drive and see if by some chance I've got sound and sure enough I've got sound again. BUT, ever since then my clarity isnt the same as it was when I first installed everything and there is a high level of noise that sounds like static, kind of like a "sssssssssssssssss" much more noticeable than it should be. Anybody have any idea of what could be going on??? It's driving me nuts. Please help me here if you've got any idea of what it could be. Thank you in advance!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Your amp went into protect mode, which is why the deck stayed on with no audio. Does the hiss you are hearing increase with engine RPM?

Old 01-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Sounds like something wasnt hooked up right and power to ohms wasnt matched properly.
Id still check the fuses they might have partially blown.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
Your amp went into protect mode, which is why the deck stayed on with no audio. Does the hiss you are hearing increase with engine RPM?
I cant really tell if it increases with RPMs but it mainly increases just when I turn the volume on the deck up. It's confusing the crap out of me

Old 01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by bhall1222
I cant really tell if it increases with RPMs but it mainly increases just when I turn the volume on the deck up. It's confusing the crap out of me
gains set too high creating a higher noise level?

Old 01-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by VIP3R
gains set too high creating a higher noise level?
I agree with this, I also agree with the amp going into protection mode. Have you tried disconnecting the power to the amp to see if the protection mode goes off? If you can't notice the hiss increasing with the rpm's then you have a good connection with the ground. I would also check your terminals and see if you are getting a good connection.

Last edited by BigBlue00; 01-15-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Call pioneer. Their customer service will help you.

Quick Reply: Problem with new system. PLEASE HELP