To those of you with dual subs under the seats...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To those of you with dual subs under the seats...

To those of you who run a dual sub setup under your seats, what kind of subs/amp(s) are you running and how loud is your system? Like outside of the car how loud is it? Loud enough for people to hear you coming? Loud right outside of the car with the doors closed or windows down? I'm running a single sub setup right now but I think the box is a little small, and outside the car it is barely noticeable, but inside it is really loud. I'm thinking about upgrading to a dual setup and miss being able to hear the bass from outside of my truck like my other systems.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I have a dual 10" Supercrew sound box, and I love it. At tailgates, I can crank music load enough to drown out anyone in the vicinity playing music. The other day in traffic I was cranking some classic rock, and there was a black man that rolled up his windows

Old 09-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by MotoVegas
Like outside of the car how loud is it? Loud enough for people to hear you coming? Loud right outside of the car with the doors closed or windows down?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Last edited by 4X4AUTIGER; 09-06-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by 4X4AUTIGER
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

x2! who gives a crap i built my system to be loud on the inside and i did not intend it to be loud outside of the truck... but it is and all it does is **** people off, thats why i wil be doin a **** ton of sound deadening in my next truck

Old 09-07-2009, 10:26 AM
I have 2-10'' rockford subs under my seat and with the windows up and doors closed its not very loud outside...I dont wanna shake the car in front of me at the stop light as long as it sounds good inside is what matters to me...If you wanna have others "feel" the bass outside you should do ported boxes..I think they would be louder but will require more space......

Old 09-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Gtullous
I have 2-10'' rockford subs under my seat and with the windows up and doors closed its not very loud outside...I dont wanna shake the car in front of me at the stop light as long as it sounds good inside is what matters to me...If you wanna have others "feel" the bass outside you should do ported boxes..I think they would be louder but will require more space......
yes a ported box will be louder... i have a 12" Fi Bl ported under my seat and while running it at 4 ohms (300w) it was much louder than my buddys 2 memphis shallows sealed

but if this guy wants to just **** people off than he should turn his car into a giant vibrator

Old 09-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Chicks would dig it. lol

Trending Topics

Old 09-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by CountryPunk
Chicks would dig it. lol
especially the fat ones

Old 09-07-2009, 11:25 AM
If you have a 04+ you'll have a hard time being loud outside the truck with the windows up. These trucks are built really solid and older post on here also confirm this. I run dual 12" Stereo Integrity BM12 with about 1500w coming at them. I've ran them ported and sealed. Right outside the truck, not much to brag on, open the doors though. Whoa!

Old 09-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the info everyone, you guys have answered my questions (;

Old 09-07-2009, 11:43 AM
I have 2 10in memphis mclsass subs in my truck with a kicker 600w amp, its all put in a fox box love the box by the way. But i was very disappointed at how loud it is outside of my truck it seems loud on the inside and rattles and vibrates everything but once you get to the outside even with the windows down it is hardly even noticeable on the outside. Anyone have any suggestions to making it louder on the outside?
thanks

Old 09-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by jakedasnake92
I have 2 10in memphis mclsass subs in my truck with a kicker 600w amp, its all put in a fox box love the box by the way. But i was very disappointed at how loud it is outside of my truck it seems loud on the inside and rattles and vibrates everything but once you get to the outside even with the windows down it is hardly even noticeable on the outside. Anyone have any suggestions to making it louder on the outside?
thanks
That's exactly the same problem I am having with my current setup..

Old 09-07-2009, 01:05 PM
thanks
your not going to get loud sealed subs under your stock rear seats. period.

get a seat lift, get 1 big 12 or 2 smaller 10s and port them.

im running 1 12" Fi Bl tuned to 35.5Hz off 300w and it was pretty loud outside... once i start running it at the full 1200+ watts hopefully ill be hitting around 140db

Old 09-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by 4X4AUTIGER
your not going to get loud sealed subs under your stock rear seats. period.

get a seat lift, get 1 big 12 or 2 smaller 10s and port them.

im running 1 12" Fi Bl tuned to 35.5Hz off 300w and it was pretty loud outside... once i start running it at the full 1200+ watts hopefully ill be hitting around 140db
Well idk if it is possible but could i port my fox box some how any way or would it not be worth it and ruin the box? I like my set up to be really clean and i dont want to have to fold one of my seats up or take up one of my seat to get a big ported box in there and if i can avoid it not go spend another 150 on a seat lift and then have to buy another box any other suggestions on what i can do with my two memphis 10s? Another thing i was looking at was mabye i dont have enough power going to them i only have 600w going to both and the peak is 600 so if i get a bigger amp will it help or will it not really do that much more?
thanks guys for all the help

Old 09-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Well idk if it is possible but could i port my fox box some how any way or would it not be worth it and ruin the box? I like my set up to be really clean and i dont want to have to fold one of my seats up or take up one of my seat to get a big ported box in there and if i can avoid it not go spend another 150 on a seat lift and then have to buy another box any other suggestions on what i can do with my two memphis 10s? Another thing i was looking at was mabye i dont have enough power going to them i only have 600w going to both and the peak is 600 so if i get a bigger amp will it help or will it not really do that much more?
thanks guys for all the help
no you cant port the box because it would be way undersized. and no you dont want a bigger amp because peak doesnt mean poop.

looks like your out of luck

Quick Reply: To those of you with dual subs under the seats...