Expecting to much

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Expecting to much

Ok I am 43 years old and Even though I don't like a whole bunch of boom I still like good sound... I remember years ago someone at an electronics store had told me your sound is only as good as the HU you choose.. Now I am aware that buying cheap amps will limit you in the ways of distortion and how much you can turn it up before the sound gets muddy... I am also aware that when an amp says 35 watts / channel nom.. rms that this should give you better quality sound than a HU built in amp with the same specs.. So here is what I have come up with .. I took my yamaha 12 powered sun out of my den and plugged it up to my head unit , sure enough its got the same muffled thunder sound.. So this would tell me that my outputs are starting to fry .. So now I have decided to go all new ... Pioneer is whats going back , Going all new door speakers , amps , wiring, sub, everything pioneer.. Sad but true I think I was expecting too much out of a cheap sony sub, a coustic 240se amp and a little cheap pioneer amp... I had no idea that the line level outputs on a head unit could start going out and cause distortion... Lesson learned

Old 07-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If i were you I would rethink that decision. I would definitely go with a pioneer head unit, but for the rest of the equipment there is much better stuff out there than pioneer for similar pricing.

Quick Reply: Expecting to much