Did anyone else use another product besides Dynamat or B-Quiet

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Did anyone else use another product besides Dynamat or B-Quiet

Was informed that Ice Guard, Weatherguard, or a like roofing material would work.
Did you have any bad experiences?

What were the results?

Thanks.

Old 04-18-2001, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used two things: Owens-Corning "Weatherguard" and Cascade brand "Quiet Kote" spray. The Weatherguard is tough to work with, but it's cheap. It's quite stiff, but it has given me the same results as dynamat, so far as I can tell. Measure carefully and cut the stuff to size first. Use a good heat gun, the kind you get at a Tool Rental place. Heating helps a lot. But don't go overboard cuz then the adhesive gets too gooey. (Trust me....I know). I put this stuff on the rear cab wall behind the carpeting, floor and some sections of the door panels. Don't use this stuff if you're trying to get into holes and such or do any "form fitting". I used the Cascade brand product INSIDE my door panels. Excellent stuff, if you let it cure properly. Easy to spray, generally. It has excellent sound properties inside my doors and, with both products applied, I have a MUCH QUIETER cab.
I WAS going to purchase the B-Quiet stuff. It is also inexpensive compared to dynamat. However, I live in a warm area and I've heard stories of the adhesive letting-go when it gets hot. I called the B-Quiet representative to verify, and he did (reluctantly) telling me I can supplement the product with Scotch brand adhesive, etc. and recommended that it NOT be used inside my overhead. I recall a thread here where a fellow in Arizona (using B-Quiet) had his entire rear wall break free in one gloppy, oozy mess. That was enough for me to go to a different product. So far, I've not had any trouble.
You can find Cascade brand product at:
http://www.partsexpress.com/index.cfm
Nice folks. Lots of good stuff. Excellent customer service. Quick delivery.

[This message has been edited by sundog7 (edited 04-18-2001).]

Quick Reply: Did anyone else use another product besides Dynamat or B-Quiet