Anyone try Polk EX7's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2001, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone try Polk EX7's?

Anyone have any experiences with Polks EX572's? While they didn't sound as good as the Dx7's, a store by me has the EX series on special. By one pair, get the next at half price. So for the same $150, I can get four of the EX's instead of two of the DX's. Would definitely be an upgrade over stock. Plus leaves me more money for a HU and changer.

Bob

[This message has been edited by Chainsaw13 (edited 03-27-2001).]

Old 03-27-2001, 09:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chainsaw13,
I was wondering the same thing. I just received a Crutchfield catalog in the mail Sat that is running the same deal on all the EX series(details page 26 of cat) 150.00 seems like a good deal to me also but I see everyone talking of the Dx7's.

------------------
2000 F150 SC, XLT, Bright Red/Silver 4x2,Auto, 5.4, 3.55LS,CD, sliding rear window, Tow package,Captains chairs,Remote Entry, Ford Bedliner, molded splash guards,Stainless step bars and bed rails.
FM50 Delta single in/dual out the back.Clear Corners just installed.Pretty much stock now but waiting for performance mods to include FIPK,,Superchip, new wheels/tires and new audio.

Old 03-27-2001, 09:25 PM
I"m just looking at Crutchfields site and saw the same thing. Hopefully someone will have something to say about these.

Old 03-27-2001, 09:43 PM
Chainsaw13/2000FordStyle,

I recently installed the Polk EX 572a in my 2000 F150 Supercab. They sound great! A definite improvement over stock. While there is certainly some quality difference between the EX and DX series, it really did not seem enough to me to justify the extra cost (especially if you are keeping the stock head unit). I had Infinity components in my previous truck and, other than some loss of range on the high end, they are very comparable overall.

The one "big" recommendation I would make, however, is to install Dynamat before installing the speakers -- they make a world of difference (better bass, limited rattle, etc).

The speakers themselves produce a very "clean" sound -- good throughout the entire range. While the stock speakers do have a little more bass, they are certainly not as smooth.

I think you will be very pleased with your purchase. Hope this helped.

Old 03-28-2001, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the info Cyclone. I've been tweaking my system the last couple of days and have started to get it sounding ok. However, I'm one of those people that's never satisfied with something like this. There's always something you can do to make it better. I"ll probably be at the store tomorrow buying two sets.

Bob

Quick Reply: Anyone try Polk EX7's?