Rear Speaker Change _ Regular Cab

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2001, 10:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Rear Speaker Change _ Regular Cab

Okay, this has probably been posted but I have a 97, regular cab and I want to change the rear speakers.
How do I get the panels off. Is brute force the answer to pulling those panels or can I be gentle and reuse the clips?
I just changed the fronts to
Pioneer TS-A6865 3-way's and that helped.

------------------
97 F-150, 2WD, Reg Cab,Flareside,Dk Toreador Red, Windsor 4.6, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, Bosch Plat +4s, 3.55 LS, EGR Bug Deflector, ******* Bed Cover, Bed Liner, XL Full Length Running Boards, Air Aid Kit, Gibson Single Out Cat Back, Superchips, TransGo Shift Kit, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs,Energy Suspension Polyurethane Front Sway Bar Bushings, 265 70 16 tires, Rancho RS9000 shocks

Old 01-12-2001, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just put a cd player from crutchfield in my truck.they sent instuctions for installation including for speakers so here goes,

1.fold seat back forward.
2.pry open seat belt hanger cover remove 15mm nut on hanger and lower hanger down.
3.remove two press in type retaining clips from upper pillar trim.
4.pry out to release retaining clips and remove panel.
5.remove one press in retaining clip above seat belt slot in lower panel, and two along the inside edge of panel.
6.pry up rear portion of door scuff panel to seperate lower side panel.pry panel outward to release retaining clips,slide seat belt out of slot,and remove panel.
7.remove four 9/32"/torx t20 screws securing speaker.pull out speaker,disconnect and remove.
you could also look on the www.crutchfield.com site for the illistrations since I don't have a scanner.it's fairly easy just time consuming.I had my speakers replaced at circuit city and watched them do it.they reused the tim clips but they are a little loose when reused.you can buy a tim kit at the dealerships that has all the trim clips for the doors and the push ones for the panels,the part number is f65z-15310a00-ad it's called a pin kit I think it was 12-15 dollars..good luck. Nice snow we had in the Rincons and Catalinas today with more to come.hope to get up there and enjoy some this weekend.

[This message has been edited by mike150 (edited 01-12-2001).]

Old 01-13-2001, 09:19 AM
Mike thanks. See you are from Tucson. We could have passed on the road and not known it. I bought the speakers at Circuit City. They were the same price as Crutchfield and I did not have to wait (don't wait very well).

------------------
97 F-150, 2WD, Reg Cab,Flareside,Dk Toreador Red, Windsor 4.6, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, Bosch Plat +4s, 3.55 LS, EGR Bug Deflector, ******* Bed Cover, Bed Liner, XL Full Length Running Boards, Air Aid Kit, Gibson Single Out Cat Back, Superchips, TransGo Shift Kit, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs,Energy Suspension Polyurethane Front Sway Bar Bushings, 265 70 16 tires, Rancho RS9000 shocks

Old 01-14-2001, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well how is the install going?and how does it sound ?

Old 01-14-2001, 05:35 PM
The fronts are in. The sound is much better than the paper stock speakers.

I have not purchaed the rear speakers yet. Maybe I will pay the guy at Circuit city to put them in.

------------------

Old 01-18-2001, 08:25 PM
Lightbulb

Dont bother replacing the rear speakers, you cant hear them anyway.
Use the $$$ for and amp on the front speakers or some other stereo gear.

------------------
Truck Pictures
Audio System

99 XLT 5.4L Regular Cab 4x2 120" Wheelbase 4 wheel disc brakes/ABS 5 star larait style wheels Toreador Red/Silver 3.55 gears 275/70/16 Micheln LTX Delta toolbox, Ford Running Boards, Ventshades, Bugflector, Bullrings, Donnelly compass mirror, 2" Rear drop.

54regcab@bellsouth.net

Quick Reply: Rear Speaker Change _ Regular Cab