System Help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
System Help.

Hi, I have a 2004 f-150 supercrew cab and i was wanting to get a system in my truck. I dont know much about this stuff and was wanting some help. Ive gotten help here with everything ive done with my truck and ive been happy. Anyway I have a Jensen touch screen head unit already and was wondering what size subs and give me some information on what the amps do and what size or Kind of amp i should get. i dont have very much room under my seats. I dont want so much bass where i go deaf but i want some thump so if you could help i would really apreciate it.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:47 PM
You can find a lot of boxes for 2 10" subs for under the back seat, but then your amp will have to be mounted on the rear wall behind the seat. You can opt for 1 10" sub and put the amp on the other side under the rear seat.

You will want a mono amp or at the most a 2-channel that you can bridge.

There is not a lot of mounting room under the seats, so a lot of people go with shallow mount, but I am not a fan of these. I like Infinity's Reference (lower end) and Kappa 104.7 or 102.7's (their mid level subs). I had a single Reference until I sold it to a member of this board, and that thing rocked, perfect if you are not looking for earth shattering base but it has great sound quality for the money. That one 10, when turned up, would vibrate the steering wheel so bad I almost wasn't comfortable driving the truck!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Infinity is a joke. Sorry but it is.

Quick Reply: System Help.