Seat lift question

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat lift question

I've done some searching but no one seems to have one that i can find.
I can get a great deal on some used RE SE 10s and they would need a seat lift on my 98 obviously. i dont have a huge problem doing one beings i dont sit back there. its mostly short people anyway. But is there anyone who has done one that can give me some feedback on it? how big did you go? fitment? ease of install? comfort with the seat jacked up?

Scott

Old 01-12-2009, 02:29 AM
lmiwelding.com should have your seat lift. From my understanding though its a pain in the *** to put on and the fitment isnt too solid. Im lifting my seat tomorrow from 14 gauge bent steel and a local fab compnay. Should only cost me like 25 bucks!

Lots also use washers and get longer bolts so thats always an option to.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:48 PM
ive been thinkin about just building my own. still curious on comfort with the seat lifted though. thanks for help though

Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not really sure about the seat lifts on 97-03 models but I know on 04-08 models the installation is not too hard. It just takes a little time and patience. Having a buddy there with you helps at times as well.

As for how things feel out back once the seat is lifted...... you can tell it's lifted because you can see over the front passengers much easier but the comfort is really no different. If someone tall was to sit in the back things may get uncomfortable simply because of headroom but an average person wouldn't have any issues.

Again..... all my experience is on 04-08 models but there shouldn't be too much of a difference. I wish I would have known about seat lifts when I had my '03 Supercrew -- my sub selection would have been a heck of a lot bigger!!

Old 01-16-2009, 03:25 PM
I have an 03 supercab and put the LMIwelding seat lift in my truck. It took me a couple of hours with the help of a family member. And I had to buy a special bit for my wrench. It was like $7 at autozone. But I would agree that for a normal person the height isn't a problem. But if you have someone tall back there it could be a little uncomfortable. The guy I bought my lift from said it was the 4" that they sell, but I think it's the 3". My sub box might have fit if it were the 4". I used these instuctions for the install and it has pictures as well.

http://www.fordf150.net/articles/idx...tallation.html

Quick Reply: Seat lift question