15 vs 18

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part 3 of 3.

Originally Posted by C. Whammy
well, i have some type r's amped in my truck, but i just got a new car and the substage is the first thing to go in...speakers will go in later, don't you worry
Wrong order. I always suggest the other way first to customers.

Originally Posted by coobies5
calm down johnnyboy, sheesh.
i have a big sub yes, but i have stock speakers up front, the stock speakers being powered off the h/u works just fine, you can hear it blend in perfectly with the sub, might not be crisp and clear like some like it, but it keeps up just fine for me. theres a few people on here you can ask that have heard my stereo system and they can vouch for me that the stock 6x8's blend in fine and it isnt all bass, remember i dont have no crappy kicker stuff, so bass isnt in your face. and the amp isnt struggling at all. you set your gains to where it isnt trying to draw every amp of current out of your electrical system.
Blend perfectly?!?! Are you insane? That is not possible unless that 18 is running @ about 15W.

Kicker isnt as crappy as you say. Try again.

Yes and no. You do want as much power as possible. But you are asking the alt to work to a physical impossibility. Plus, you are not leaving room for the vehicle.

Originally Posted by Bartak1
Sound? Just short of full on sex. Probably right around that oral sex region. Need to do a little tweeking and that should probably pop the cherry.

No mic readings. Id be curious to get it metered, prob never will though. Output though? At times, the whole headliner looks like the cone of a speaker moving, the steering column shakes, and I sometimes feel the urge to shoot quarters off the roof. And thats sealed. Then again, it is a Ford so those things might happen with a stock stereo also...

Its no spl competition vehicle, but for daily its more than enough, for me anyway.
Im sorry, your mind is stuck on sex from walking in on your mom and I. I understand it must have ruined your childhood but seriously, we need to move past this or we will have to kick you out. I promise its all out of love though.

Doesnt surprise me... I put a 12L7 off a KKR 700.5 in a T-Line in a 06 F150 Reg cab. It was insane to watch the roof. 300W doing that, I can only guess what yours does...

btw. BURN!!!

lol, the door speakers can take a beating, might not like it, but i've had my h/u running them for about a year now and they seem to still be working their butts off. and haha right now i have about 900w behind my head, and next week should have easily 2000+ = DDD
really wake this btl up, then i'll need to upgrade the front with some 6.5 comps and some nice tweets.
It maybe nice but we shall see what you do as far as comps are concerned...

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Yes components will help out a ton, make sure to amp them.

What model amp do you have? Those hifonics tend to be incredibly overrated, hence why they arent too expensive. 900 watts is possible though with their "higher end" stuff.

I used to have a big ported box in high school, and when i would turn up the stock speakers to a level where they could actually try to keep up they just distorted and were incredibly harsh...not to mention the midbass was non-existant.

One other thing...when you get some time/money, deaden your truck. You think your sub is loud now, deadening will make a huge difference.
Deadening is one of the biggest SPL upgrades possible. Less panel flex = More pressure = Bigger #'s!!!

yeah, i have the hifonics bxi1206d, i know its crap, i was just wanting to get something for myself for christmas last year. blehhh

and yeah no midbass whatsoever for stock speaks. haha.
and yeah, i have some deadener lying around, just waiting for a weekend im not busy, with the hurricane coming through a few weeks ago, we just got power back and still cleaning up a little here and there, few days i get to replace our whole fence = [ and neighbors too.
How is Houston? I stayed there for Katrina (Clear Lake) and Ive yet to hear from the ppl I stayed with. Getting a little worried...

Old 10-08-2008, 12:27 AM
LOL.

Gotta love pwning noobs.
Honesty is key. But I wasnt the easiest on anyone. Esp, Bartak...

Old 10-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Honesty is key. But I wasnt the easiest on anyone. Esp, Bartak...
I cant even believe he has the Mag installed, i figured it'd be AT LEAST christmas time.

Beer consumption played a definite factor, his determination factor was multiplied by how many brewskies he consumed.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:41 AM
I cant even believe he has the Mag installed, i figured it'd be AT LEAST christmas time.

Beer consumption played a definite factor, his determination factor was multiplied by how many brewskies he consumed.
Agreed. Im taking forever to install a sub and Polks into my Continental. I was going to redo everything with Don's help but Gustav got me there.... Roof Damage took all that car $... Sucks to be me.

Should I do the two Eclipse 6210's on the two 500/1's, do that as soon as my Eclipse ZA1200 comes in (accomodations back from April...)
Or just back to my usual 10W6v2 on that 500/1?

Ya, I cant wait to see what Bart writes back after he sees the lick I layed on him above...

Old 10-08-2008, 12:47 AM

If i were in your shoes, go for the Eclipses. Switch it up.

Im a sucker for new equipment. I have something for a few weeks, and even if i like it a lot, i am always down to change it out if a see a good deal in the DIY classifieds. My budget often says otherwise...:o

Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Well, those ECE's are bound for the Explorer as soon as I get the time to build a box for them and the amps come in...

Old 10-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have too much to reply too, i'll get back with ya tomorrow

Old 10-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Full voltage is what you want...

Alpine or Kenwood deck?

Per your comments earlier, turning the bass boost up on the deck is a bad idea... Recheck your levels....
alpine cde-9873 is h/u i have, not the best but it had what i was looking for in a h/u.
and the bass boost, for the built in crossover on the h/u i have it centered to the 60hz area with the setting of 4 which is where it amplifies frequencies around that frequency more then, say if you were to put the setting on 1.

How is Houston? I stayed there for Katrina (Clear Lake) and Ive yet to hear from the ppl I stayed with. Getting a little worried...
im just a little ne of houston, in crosby as matter of fact, and we got hit pretty hard, power went out for about 2 weeks. lots of damage everywhere, the other day i had to go down to kemah and texas city area, and damn! i got to see some boats on the side of the road clearly out of the water and nowhere near where they should have been.
downtown houston, its fine besides signs blown over and what not. dont really know about any major damages there.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red

Im sorry, your mind is stuck on sex from walking in on your mom and I. I understand it must have ruined your childhood but seriously, we need to move past this or we will have to kick you out. I promise its all out of love though.

Doesnt surprise me... I put a 12L7 off a KKR 700.5 in a T-Line in a 06 F150 Reg cab. It was insane to watch the roof. 300W doing that, I can only guess what yours does...

btw. BURN!!!
Ya, I cant wait to see what Bart writes back after he sees the lick I layed on him above...
That your a b@stard!
Only licking your doing is your boyfriend's di....
I figured that was you with the skirt and strap on running away the other day. Too bad that was some skanky hooker with AIDs I bought for you (dont say I never gave you nothing). Btw, after you left there was a blow up doll and **** beads laying in the yard. Skanky hooker said they weren't hers when I asked, when do you want to come pick your stuff up?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:50 PM

That your a b@stard!
I figured that was you with the skirt and strap on running away the other day. Too bad that was some skanky hooker with AIDs I bought for you (dont say I never gave you nothing). Btw, after you left there was a blow up doll and **** beads laying in the yard. Skanky hooker said they weren't hers when I asked, when do you want to come pick your stuff up?
OMG it all makes sense now. He doesn't hve a mullet/bowl cut, he just wears A WIG!!

Or should i say "it" wears a wig.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
That your a b@stard!
Thats it, one more disrespectful comment towards your mother, and you are out.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:14 PM
OMG it all makes sense now. He doesn't hve a mullet/bowl cut, he just wears A WIG!!

Or should i say "it" wears a wig.
Thats not funny. I had prostate cancer 2 years ago. I still havent got all my hair back. But you wouldnt have known that.