Speaker Help...Kicker

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker Help...Kicker

Just looking for some input, I've come across an opportunity to get kicker products at a really good price. I have an 07 Supercrew and already have infinity kappa components in the doors, Im looking at a 10", and amps to power both. Thanks

Old 06-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Ok will this work. I have a stock HU, Infinity Kappa 5.25 components in doors. Get a Kicker Comp VR 10 in supercrew sound box with a ZX300.1 to power it, and a ZX 150.2 amp for the components? Also can I just leave stock speakers in rear doors and let HU power those ? Thanks

Last edited by MX81; 06-23-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:09 PM
I dont know much but I have learned a lot from reading the other posts.

If you have comps in the doors I'd take out the stockers in the back, especially if its a regular cab. If you have people riding in the back, another set of comps for the back might be nice. The way it was explained to me is that when you go to hear music, the stage is in front of you, unless there is a mariachi band playing at the table behind you.

You might want to think about upgrading the Hu also. I think there is some modification needed to wire the amp and that could be a pain. Unless you are going for a stock look, get a new HU and you'd get better features like ipod integration, HD, satellite, etc.

I dont know anything about subs and amps though. Maybe someone will chime in later. Hope this helps.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:22 AM
just match rms rated power of speakers and amps and you're fine
its ok to go a little over rated rms, but its not recommended to underpower
(potential for clipping)
personally, i dont like having no rear speakers. just front speakers does create a more realistic listening placement, but i just dont get enough volume out of 2 speakers
but thats all up to you

Quick Reply: Speaker Help...Kicker