2001 back wall rattle w/ subs

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 back wall rattle w/ subs

so a while back I got two 10" subs put in on the back wall of my reg. cab.
Now, i'm getting a rattle when the bass is really thumpin'. seems to be coming from the plastic trim below the windshield, or right above the red line in the picture:

if i just bought a small pack of dynamat and stuff it behind the trim (there is a lot of space between the trim and the actual wall, kinda cheaply put on) would you think the rattle would stop? Its driving me crazy, and I can only put the bass 1/2 way or it'll really shake. let me know what you think

Old 06-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The back wall has a lot of loose overlaping plastic that CAN rattle like a mother. Any type of sound deadener, along with felt between plastic/metal, ductape, and some eggcrate foam can go a long way to get rid of rattles

Are you sure its not the cab vents on the back wall? With any decent amount of bass they will just flutter and make the most Godawful annoying sound. If you get under the truck with the stereo turned up and stick your head around the area between the box and the cab you will be able to hear it.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Mine was doing the same thing I just stuck a small piece of foam behide it, I mean dident even take it apart just pushed a small piece in and the raddle went away.
I like the enclouser you have mine is made for a car but fit very well.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Bartak1
The back wall has a lot of loose overlaping plastic that CAN rattle like a mother. Any type of sound deadener, along with felt between plastic/metal, ductape, and some eggcrate foam can go a long way to get rid of rattles
x2 deaden that bish.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by clar
Mine was doing the same thing I just stuck a small piece of foam behide it, I mean dident even take it apart just pushed a small piece in and the raddle went away.
I like the enclouser you have mine is made for a car but fit very well.
hmmm, i'll give that a try, pissin the heck outta me. plus, its hard to drive with my arm back holding the trim in place to stop the rattles. probably won't have issues with moisture if i stick some foam back there, will i?

thanks for the compliments man

Old 04-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Are you sure its not the cab vents on the back wall? With any decent amount of bass they will just flutter and make the most Godawful annoying sound. If you get under the truck with the stereo turned up and stick your head around the area between the box and the cab you will be able to hear it.
My cab vents rattle like no other does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Quick Reply: 2001 back wall rattle w/ subs