Ford Factory Audiophile Sub 2 ohms 100 watts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by o4screw
Thanks for the info.. I too thought in needed to be RMS. I guess what I am trying to pin down is the true power of the factory amp. It's configured to 2 ohms.. So given the pic, I would guess no more than 50 watts per.. 100 watts total.
Which makes sense, it having a 90w amp and all... like I've said 3 times now.

It could also be a 2 ohm dual voice coil wired so it runs at 4 ohms...

- NCSU

Old 08-06-2013, 09:25 AM
I just bought my 2006 Lariat S-Crew. I put in a Kenwood DDX-470 and that is all. I found out after the install that I had the factory sub. I think it is a very decent sub. I just think the Audiophile head unit sucks. After installing the Kenwood with built in cross-over, this thing thumps decently. No competition system or anything, but for a casual music listener (which is most folks) it is really nice. I think the 100w system is more than sufficient as long as it has the right source.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:43 PM
Factory amp vs aftermarket mini amp

I am new to the forms and I hope I don't say something or do something incorrectly.
I just got a 06 F150 with the factory sub someone put a dual voice coil Fosgate sub in the Box everything I can find says that the amp is either 100 watt Max or 1001watt RMS. Doing a little looking on eBay I have found some small amp some of them are considered mini amps but I came across one that says it's a hundred and fifty Watts RMS do y'all think that would actually be an upgrade compared to factory amp?? Even though it might be one of those many amps?? I am trying not to rewire the truck if I can help it from what little I have learned the wiring is not very big in the factory amp so I'm definitely trying to stay small and this amps only 50 Watts bigger but should b a Improvement . I have found information to tell me what wire is what and they say the speaker wire running in is actually the same levels as RCA cables it just doesn't have the plugs on the end and you could simply solder some on and use the low level inputs and it does have an aftermarket head unit so it should be running a 12-volt remote. But definitely not looking to do this if everyone seems to think it just won't make a difference and I won't gain any extra wattage even though the amp is rated a little higher. I do understand the factory wires are not that great and it may not be the best for hooking up to an amp but I'm not looking for competition quality. And one other small question if anybody has a suggestion on this I'm thinking about replacing the front door speakers which is a component set if I replace them with a set That's rated at 35 RMS per door would the factory amp be okay on that set or should I try to do the same with that one and find a little mini amp that puts out just a tad more RMS?? Thanks for any help and thoughts that you might have

Quick Reply: Ford Factory Audiophile Sub 2 ohms 100 watts?