Will I have Enough Experience?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will I have Enough Experience?

Hey guys i just bought a whole new system for my 04 Screw.... speakers, dvd touch screen head unit, amp, subs, supercrew box for the subs, and my question is how hard exactly is it to install the sub box and wire the amp and set everything up so nothing is getting too much juice or too little.... I have some experience with putting and taking out radios and the speakers wont be a problem i am just concerned with the sub/amp setup? so should i dive in or should i take it to a professional?

Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first off,pop the hood and unhook your battery.... the sub box and the amp will be fairly easy... the only frustrating part IMO is running the power wire through the FIrewalll... lots of cuts on the hands!!. other than than you should cruise through it... too much or too little juice???? are you reffering to the gain settings on the amp...

Old 05-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Easy installation and time consuming. I didnt cut into my firewall at all. If you look on the passenger side of the truck near the front door and the front fender you will see an opening. That opening will allow you to run the power cable from the battery to the inside of the truck. I also installed my amp (which was too big) under the rear seat in the middel and it hides away beautifully. I did this b/c I didnt want to drill into my back wall and also I thought that the amps would run hot but many of ppl on here have done it with success.

Tips

Try not to cut any factory wires. Contact Crutchfield for adapters for your door speakers and headunit.

Disconnect the negative terminal on the battery be you perform and wire connections.

If you need help or some pics pm me. Im going on vacation in two days so hit me up b4 then. lata

Old 06-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
If you look on the passenger side of the truck near the front door and the front fender you will see an opening. That opening will allow you to run the power cable from the battery to the inside of the truck.
Where is this, exactly? I can not find a suitable route to run a CB power wire through the firewall from the dash.

I don't see an opening on the passenger side of my '06 XLT like you describe. Can you post a pic of this access point?

Old 06-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by benny2011a
Hey guys i just bought a whole new system for my 04 Screw.... speakers, dvd touch screen head unit, amp, subs, supercrew box for the subs, and my question is how hard exactly is it to install the sub box and wire the amp and set everything up so nothing is getting too much juice or too little.... I have some experience with putting and taking out radios and the speakers wont be a problem i am just concerned with the sub/amp setup? so should i dive in or should i take it to a professional?

I would have someone that knows what they are doing , help you . You can pay very close attention . That way , next time you can feel confident, to do it on your own .

Old 06-07-2008, 04:11 PM
yea, i wouldnt take it to a professional shop. most places seriously rip you off, this place wanted to charge my friend $4,400 dollars for an alpine HU, amp and an IDMAX....you gotta be kidding me

Old 06-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Ok to run power wire is very very easy. First off, you don't Need to disconnect the battery, before you put the power wire on the battery, TAKE OUT THE FUSE!!if it is a cylinder type fuse, roll up an old receipt or take a small piece of plastic and place it where the fuse was. Now you have a non hot wire. If you look next the the break master cylinder there is a HUGE rubber grommet(if your truck is auto), take it out and cut an X in it just big enough to pass the power wire through. Also you will have to push the sound deadening out of the way. if you look you can run the wire along the top of the engine bay behind the plastic wall, not sure what it is but if you look at the drivers side you can see where it would come out, on the pass side i think you have to cut a small hole on it to get the wire in to it. then pass the wire through the grommet and in to the cab. then just run it to the rear. make sure you run the rcas down the opposite side of the truck. if you do not want to drill into the truck (who would) you could glue a piece of wood to the rear wall of the cab and screw the amp to it(use a thick enough piece, and a short enough screw so you do not go out the back) it is really quite easy. should only take about an hour or two.When i did install me and my man co-worker could get this done in about 30 minutes

Quick Reply: Will I have Enough Experience?