Wanting to install Factory Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanting to install Factory Subwoofer

Sorry if this is a dumb question, i searched and couldnt find what i was looking for. My question is how do I know if Its prewired for the factory sub? Is it safe to assume that it is b/c it a lariat, its got the 6disc with factory Sirius, steering wheel controls etc? Whats a good price to offer someone for a used factory sub?

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2008, 10:38 AM
I have a factory sub for sell and they wire that you need to install it to your head unite, only want 150 for it

Old 02-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SIK-06
Sorry if this is a dumb question, i searched and couldnt find what i was looking for. My question is how do I know if Its prewired for the factory sub? Is it safe to assume that it is b/c it a lariat, its got the 6disc with factory Sirius, steering wheel controls etc? Whats a good price to offer someone for a used factory sub?

Thanks!
This really has been covered before.... but, I know stuff can be hard to find.

Flip up your back seat on the Drivers side. On the inside of the black seat bracket you'll see either 1) A sub harness coming out of the slit in the carpet or 2) a slit in the carpet with no harness... in which case you'll have to 'fish' inside a little to see if you have the harness.

Or

You can take out your 6 disc unit and look around up there for the other end of the harness. Good Luck, hope this helps.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Looking to buy one !

Originally Posted by f150monster232
I have a factory sub for sell and they wire that you need to install it to your head unite, only want 150 for it
Looking to buy one , let me know if you still have it, rytis@optonline.net Thanks

Old 02-20-2008, 01:28 PM
I saw the slit and dug in there and felt a wire but didnt know if that was it so i didnt want to try and yank it out. Is that it? or is there other wires running through there. I also looked be hind the radio and saw 2 wire harnesses just sittin there ziptied up.

Quick Reply: Wanting to install Factory Subwoofer