Can you guys help me out? (Speaker/System)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you guys help me out? (Speaker/System)

Hey everyone first post, I'm Angelo. First off I want to say that I don't have much knoweledge on the abbrev. and acronyms people use so keep it lamens terms. LOL. I am sick of the stock system ford gives you. I want to put in a pretty decent one but have not the slightest clue on where to start or look.

I should probably tell you what kind of truck I have huh , Its an F150 2007 Super Crew with the rear bench and the middle seat between dirver and pass.

I listen to mostly rock and rap, so I'm going to want a Sub that can handle quick pounding and long lows.

I want to put in new speakers have no idea what though and somehow fit a subwoofer under my backseat.

I'm not sure yet if I want In-dash Nav, or just a new Head Unit.

I can spend a pretty good chunk of change beacuase I work at Best Buy and they give their employees a nice discount so... :-D

If you guys need any extra info just reply I will be lurking these forums, and Thanks for the help.

Angelo

Old 11-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
best buy... = alpine :-) ..... I'd start with the Alpine W205... this allows you the ability to add the Blackbird if you want nav... if not... you still have a screen.... then, i would go with Type S coaxials.... this lets you run everything off deck power (minus the sub) and keep the system simple. For the subwoofer... i'm running the JL Audio Stealthbox (i know best buy doesn't sell JL but its a great quality box with a good sounding sub). Get a Alpine MRV-M450 to power the sub and there ya go. Thats my suggestions anyway.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Ok. I used to work there. LOVE THE DISCOUNTS!! Pick up a Pioneer D3/Z2, RF 1000.1bd and 400.4. Type R components 6.5" and 6.5'' coax. 2 P3 10's or 2 Alpine R's 10's.

A friend of mine did all that in an associates H3 with a custom box. Bangin system and clear as day! Oh and get the HU off the BBY/Pioneer Accomodations. 450 for d3, 850 for z2. I just hope you work on the floor...

Old 11-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Ok. I used to work there. LOVE THE DISCOUNTS!! Pick up a Pioneer D3/Z2, RF 1000.1bd and 400.4. Type R components 6.5" and 6.5'' coax. 2 P3 10's or 2 Alpine R's 10's.

A friend of mine did all that in an associates H3 with a custom box. Bangin system and clear as day! Oh and get the HU off the BBY/Pioneer Accomodations. 450 for d3, 850 for z2. I just hope you work on the floor...

Lol, your good at those Best Buy/Circuit City setups huh

How deep are those TypeR 10s though???

Just an FYI for the original poster, if you DONT lift the rear seat you are limited to a mounting depth of about 5.25ish inches, but with a 2.5inch lift from say LMI, guys are fitting subs with a depth right under 7 inches. So that is something to consider...

Old 11-06-2007, 03:32 PM

Yes I do work the floor, and so you guys are basically saying that if I dont lift the rear seat I wont get a good sub?

Old 11-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Angelo
Yes I do work the floor, and so you guys are basically saying that if I dont lift the rear seat I wont get a good sub?

Not necessarily. True, a lot of the shallower and smaller physical sized subs out there are lower line subs, but that isnt always the case.
But then again, a lot of the really kick azz subs out there do require some more mounting depth.

Depends on what you call a good sub too, and what your looking for in a substage (soundquality, SPL, a little of both...)

Old 11-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Angelo
nope. Image Dynamics and Elemental Designs both make excelent subs for that mounting depth (best buy doesnt sell them though). I dont know if you're going to fit any best buy subs under the rear seat that would be really high quality, Type Rs wont fit without a lift.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Lol, your good at those Best Buy/Circuit City setups huh

How deep are those TypeR 10s though???
They are approx 6.5"

Ive done this before... Thats all. I still use both places for their accomodations. And i have been at CCity for approx 6 months. I was at BBy for years... Plus I know products almost too well... (from anywhere)

Old 11-06-2007, 06:03 PM
They are approx 6.5"

Ive done this before... Thats all. I still use both places for their accomodations. And i have been at CCity for approx 6 months. I was at BBy for years... Plus I know products almost too well... (from anywhere)

Ahhh, not as deep as I thought I remembered them being.

Working at one of those places would kick **** for the discounts

Old 11-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Ahhh, not as deep as I thought I remembered them being.

Working at one of those places would kick **** for the discounts

Hey Cj,
Doesnt Best Buy carry Infinity...

Oh chit!!!

I shocked you didnt mention it already...

Later bro,
Devildog101

Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Devildog101
Hey Cj,
Doesnt Best Buy carry Infinity...

Oh chit!!!

I shocked you didnt mention it already...

Later bro,
Devildog101

Hells yeah, Infinity is like the best evers!!!
Totaly thinking about selling my stuff and going with all infinity. Woohoo

Old 11-07-2007, 07:39 PM
id scrap all the alpine CRAP and go with pioneer stuff except speakers Infinity Theyre awesome and for the subs kickers are awesome! Ive had 2 10s and 2 12s and theyre AWESOME ive also had a sony 12 and it sucked and blew. Also alpine amp and 2 10s from them blew the amp and both subs SUCKED soo stay away from alpine theyre crap

Old 11-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Boogerburns
id scrap all the alpine CRAP and go with pioneer stuff except speakers Infinity Theyre awesome and for the subs kickers are awesome! Ive had 2 10s and 2 12s and theyre AWESOME ive also had a sony 12 and it sucked and blew. Also alpine amp and 2 10s from them blew the amp and both subs SUCKED soo stay away from alpine theyre crap
interesting.

i would also recommend a pioneer head unit, but thats about it from pioneer.

kicker subs? if you want to shake stuff, sure. accuracy? nah.

I wouldnt call Alpine amps crap either, better then a lot of the other stuff bestbuy carries....

Old 11-07-2007, 08:11 PM
accuracy is ok but yes they do shake stuff alot but your also limiting yourself to BB stuff and we all know they dont carry the best stuff (dynex). Pioneer>alpine

Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Boogerburns
WHAT???? Pioneer Amps blow. Pioneer Speakers Blow. Pioneer Subs BLOW! (notice the progression...) And you want him to do what???

Infinity isnt that snazzy either. Its JBL scratch and dent (and I dont mean scratch physically like scratchy sound) The Kappa/KP series are okay/good. Reference.... thats a joke

Quick Reply: Can you guys help me out? (Speaker/System)