Factory Integration Install Done

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Factory Integration Install Done

Finally got around to posting pics and info on my install. Started with the '07 factory NAV unit. I didn't want to replace or upgrade the head unit on this install so most of my decisions revolved around that. Overall impressions are very positive for this type of install. I did an A-B test with and without the MTX re-Q equalizer and noticed a major difference.

A word to the wise, it is very important that all of your gains be set correctly. The factory HU has a higher noise floor than a high end aftermarket HU, This white noise is very perceptible to a picky person until all of your gains are dialed in. I used calculations and a Fluke multimeter to set the gains on everything.

The Boston Acoustic SL80's sound very nice, but they are not an easy install. If I had known what I know now, I would have just made MDF spacers for my old CDT components. I had to cut out alot of the plastic that surrounds the factory speaker recess. You can't see any of these modifications behind the OEM grill, but it shouldn't be necessary for what should be a drop in install.

On to the pics

4 AWG power wire and Tsunami circuit breaker

Location of Firewall Penetration

Rockford Fosgate 250.2 (BA SL80 Amp) on rear passenger side wall

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 (Kicker CVT10 Amp) on rear driver side wall. I had to relocate the factory keyless entry module to use this space.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Part II

Audio Enhancer Single 10" Box containing Kicker CVT10 Shallow Mount. My only compaint with the box is the carpet seams are on the front corners instead of the rear. If you look close enough you can see that I tacked two corner protectors on to the box to prevent the carpet from pulling back.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks great!

Old 11-11-2007, 08:57 PM
LStroker, looks good.. how do you like the MTX reQ? im assuming that's a LOC/eq in one type thing? how's the system sound now that you've broken it in a bit and had a few weeks? thanks.

Quick Reply: Factory Integration Install Done