Jensen 3 way, 6x8 speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jensen 3 way, 6x8 speakers

I have a 2005 F150 supercrew XLT, and I want to replace the stock speakers. I know absolutely nothing about this and I don't want a subwoofer, window shattering sounds system. The front pass. speaker is starting to sound bad so I was wondering: are there 4 sets of speakers in my truck? are they all the same size? If I replace the head unit with a unit that has 22x4 RMS will I really need an amp for speakers that need 35 rms? I don't want a head banging unit, just something that sounds good and has ipod controls ta boot.......thanks...........

I was looking in todays circuit city add at the pioneer 59001b radio and the jensen 6x8 3 way speakers on the internet....

Old 09-30-2007, 06:39 PM
jensen sucks

Old 09-30-2007, 08:05 PM
If you want something relatively inexpensive but that still sounds good I'd go with either the Alpine Type R line or the Pioneer REV series. The stock size in the front and back doors are 6x8"... you can squeeze a 6x9 in there but since you don't know much about car audio, maybe you'll want to do something that drops in fairly easy. I have the Pioneer Premier REV 6x8s in my rear doors and they sound pretty good:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...089282,00.html

You can find them on ebay for under $100 shipped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2007-PIONEER...QQcmdZViewItem

The Alpines can be seen here for roughly the same price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-SPR-57C-T...QQcmdZViewItem

Most speakers like Jensen, Boss, Blaupunkt, etc are not going to sound much better than stock, and in a lot of cases will actually sound worse. The price can be appealing but for under $200 you can have 2 pair of speakers that are a lot higher quality and will last you a lot longer.

Here's your deck on ebay for $185 shipped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEH-P5900IB-PION...QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:11 PM
coming from a circuit city installer, aside from a pioneer deck there isnt anything we sell that id put in my own truck. if your not looking to get too crazy in sound, polk speakers sound pretty good.

changing out your speakers and radio is the first step in getting better sound, do that first, and decide if you think you need to add an amp.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the help, couple follow up questions: could I install the speakers on my own, I am not mechanically impaired and not scared of wiring, but like I stated, I want a system that sounds good with the ability to run my Ipod, ipod out of site would be awesome as well.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:40 PM
If you go with the 6x8s, that will be the easiest way to go because they will drop into the stock locations. You can always run your own wiring if you want, or tap into the stock wires in the doors and hook it up to your headunit that way. All you will have to do is pull the plates off the door panels if I remember correctly. It's been awhile since I've been in there. The deck should be pretty straightforward too. I put my iPod in my glove box for easy access. It isn't tough to run the iPod cable over there.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by picksbigwagon
I have a 2005 F150 supercrew XLT, and I want to replace the stock speakers. I know absolutely nothing about this and I don't want a subwoofer, window shattering sounds system. The front pass. speaker is starting to sound bad so I was wondering: are there 4 sets of speakers in my truck? are they all the same size? If I replace the head unit with a unit that has 22x4 RMS will I really need an amp for speakers that need 35 rms? I don't want a head banging unit, just something that sounds good and has ipod controls ta boot.......thanks...........

I was looking in todays circuit city add at the pioneer 59001b radio and the jensen 6x8 3 way speakers on the internet....

Trust me, dont get the type r's if you are only going to run them off of the headunit (stock or aftermarket, doesnt matter). It wond be enough power since the type r line isnt that efficient.

For a nice ipod setup, I would go with the alpine line of headunits. I have a 9885 in mine and I dig it. It does everything I need it to do and is simple and very clear sounding, but I am an alpine mark... You can get into the 9881 or 9883 cheap and still keep the factory steering wheel controls if you have them.

I am a fan of the polk db 5x7/6x8's. They sound really good without an amp and you could get a set relatively cheap. If you arent really into car stereo's then just forget about the back speakers, it will be more work than it is worth. Just replace the fronts with some polks and get a nice higher powered head unit to run them and keep the stockers in the rear. Should be a nice upgrade.

Oh yeah, and there is only 2 pairs (1 front and one back) of speakers in your truck.

Quick Reply: Jensen 3 way, 6x8 speakers