rear view mirror

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear view mirror

how do i stop it from moving down when i have my raido up? is there a way to titen it? or should i just live with it?

Old 08-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I havent ever looked to hard, but I dont believe there is a way to tighten it to keep it from doing that.

If your the only one who drives the truck, MAYBE you could set the mirror right where you need it then put a dab of superglue on the ball/joint and see if that would keep it in place?? I dont know if that would work or not for sure though...

A whole new mirror assembly might fix the problem too. New mirrors are usually pretty stiff compared to an older one thats been moved around a lot. Them mirror in my new truck didnt even vibrate at first, but it is starting to loosen up a little now. No where near as bad as it was in my old truck.
So that could fix it maybe.

Or else rip the bish off and use the side mirrors

Old 08-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe Sony can adopt their anti-shake camera lens technology to rear view mirrors, haha.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just get a new Rear View from the ford dealer, not one of those worthless parts store ones....

I'm a Master Autoglass installer and can tell you its pointless trying to do anything to yours to fix it....the pivot ball is pressed in to a socket with a plastic insert in it, no fixeee, just replaceeeeee.. LOL

Quick Reply: rear view mirror