Need A replacement Audiophile Speaker?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need A replacement Audiophile Speaker?

I have an 04 FX4 SCrew, and it sounds like my front passenger speaker is blown. I pulled it out and it seems that since I have the AudioPhile upgrade, that these front speakers are a component set. It has a tweeter, then on the main speaker grill (that hold it in place) it looks to have a crossover built into it and then the small round speaker that seems to be about 4 or 5 inches round. I just need the round speaker, the tweeter is fine and the crossover is fine. Anyone have one of these speakers sitting around they want to sell? It has to to be the type I described above, because I looked on Ebay and found a bunch, but none had the crossover and smaller speaker. They all looked like some 5X7s I think. I am assuming these are the speakers for the non-audiophile sound systems. Or does anyone know if I can replace the blow speaker with an aftermarket one and still use the factory crossover and tweeter. I would want to just remove the blown speaker and attach the aftermarket one to the existing screen that is holding the current speaker. I really do not know what size this little speaker would be. Any assistance would be great, thanks!

Old 02-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I have an 07 audiophile which had a 5x7 speaker with the crossover as you described and a seperate tweeter that plugged into the crossover. Does the grill that holds your speaker have a 5x7 bolt pattern? If so, I would sell you my front speakers as a set.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by BGStewart
I have an 07 audiophile which had a 5x7 speaker with the crossover as you described and a seperate tweeter that plugged into the crossover. Does the grill that holds your speaker have a 5x7 bolt pattern? If so, I would sell you my front speakers as a set.
Well I think it is a 5x7, I took some pictures and added them below. How much would you sell them for? I have buddy that works up at circuit city and was going to see how much a pair of decent 4 in speakers cost (looks like that is the size of the stock ones).

The last picture I forgot to rotate it to the left. So let me know if your speakers look like mine. Thanks

Last edited by efiguero; 02-19-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:10 PM
My stock speakers are actually 5x7's with the x-over ataached to the back of the speaker. The tweeter plugs into the x-over. The fronts are rated at 50watts, the rears are 25w. They will definately fit.

Send you an e-mail.

Quick Reply: Need A replacement Audiophile Speaker?