2005 F150 KR Factory Subwoofer Connection HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 F150 KR Factory Subwoofer Connection HELP PLEASE

I have an F150 KR Four Door and I bought a factory subwoofer off of Ebay. I cannot find the connector under the seats and just needed to know if my factory head unit even has the connection ??? I have the HU that is the 6 disc changer with the built in Sirius. If my HU has the connection.....could you please tell me approx. where it is ??? I have felt all under the carpet as far as my hand would reach under the drivers side and passenger side front seats and I cant find anything. Any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Otis Da Whino

Old 11-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Look under the rear seat on the drivers side. There is a slit in the carpet close to where the seat frame bolts to the floor. You might have have to fish around for it. I think there is some pics in my gallerie somewhere to give you a better idea.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:43 AM
If the CD is not a Audiophile unit,is the subwoofer wiring installed ?

Old 11-22-2006, 09:38 AM
It's hard to say, some people get lucky. i personally wouldn't waste my time with putting the factory sub in. I took mine out and sold it with all the factory speakers to a member here on this site. I Installed a single Musicmoose box with a 10 in kicker and amp. Much Much Better!!! It's real easy to wire it up to.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:14 PM
How do you know if you have the Audiophile HU ?? I have the KR with the Sirius built in......I dont know how to tell the difference. Also, when I looked at the wiring in the pictures in the gallery you had, I couldnt see a connector , only bare wires so how would I hook it up without a connector.

To solve this problem, could I take it to the dealership and have them hook it up for me or could I take it to a car stereo shop around town and have them hook it up ??? I want to keep everything fatory cause Im just weird that way so I want to hook up this factory sub so any help you can offer will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Otis Da Whino

Old 11-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by otisdawhino
How do you know if you have the Audiophile HU ?? I have the KR with the Sirius built in......I dont know how to tell the difference. Also, when I looked at the wiring in the pictures in the gallery you had, I couldnt see a connector , only bare wires so how would I hook it up without a connector.

To solve this problem, could I take it to the dealership and have them hook it up for me or could I take it to a car stereo shop around town and have them hook it up ??? I want to keep everything fatory cause Im just weird that way so I want to hook up this factory sub so any help you can offer will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Otis Da Whino

You know I've asked my dealers here in town and they really aren't much help. I tried one stereo shop and he was trying to sell me a whole new system with amps and stuff so I left. I've even got into a chat w/ a Crutchfield sales rep online and they said there is no way to do what you (we) are trying to do but a lot of our fellow members say the wires are there for a sub. My biggest concern is having to run a power wire to my battery. I'm at a lose. I'm pretty much in the same boat you are. I don't have the audiophile system but I'd like to add the amp w/ having to replace the head unit or do a lot of aftermarket work. I'm really disappointed w/ the factory system. The only reason I know I don't have the audiophile system is because my window sticker didn't list it as an option.
I also have an option on my aux button for "line in" but no one can tell me if I have a line in jack in the back of the head unit. Crutchfield said that if I hook up an adapter for an Ipod, i'd loose my sirius radio.

If you figure this out, please share your findings and I'll do the same.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Surely some of you guys on the forum have some info for us. So the dealer cant even hook this up ???? I'm definitely at a loss if they cant do it ??? Damn, I bought this factory sub off of egay and had no idea it would be a serious challenge to hook it up. aaarrrrggghhhhhhhhh

Trending Topics

Old 11-24-2006, 12:46 AM
ec3
How much did you pay for the sub on ebay? Did it have a built in amp? Thansk ED

Old 11-24-2006, 12:58 AM
It does have the amp on it......I paid $ 80.00 plus $ 20.00 shipping so it was $ 100.00 all together. Thats another thing......I havent even had a chance to see if this thing works.....but it was like brand new and the guy had impeccable feedback but hell, I still wanna see if it works cause ya never know. Any help out there ???????

Old 11-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Anyone else have any info that they can offer ??? It will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Otis Da Whino

Old 11-24-2006, 11:28 AM
My KR had the wiring harness....I can't imagine yours not having it.

It under the back seat carpet. Look under the back seat drivers side where the metal seat leg attaches to the floor. There is a slit in the carpet there. That's where the wiring harness is. You may not be able to find it, without making the slit larger, and the harness is attached to the floor, so you are going to have to get to the plastic clip holding it down to release the plug and get enough slack to plug it in.

None of this will matter if you don't have the sub enabled head unit.......and if your truck didn't have the sub woofer I'm 100% sure you have the wrong head unit.

Pull the head unit out, and look for 3 sockets on the back, along with the antenna hole.

The harness that plugs into the head unit is back there under the dash, taped to the rest of the wires. You need to get some slack there, also....to plug into the NEW Audiophile sub woofer enabled head unit that you are going to have to buy, for this to work.

This is exactly what I did with my KR, plus I added the factory component speakers, that you don't have, as well.

The difference in the standard 6 disk and the Audiophile system is not just the sub woofer.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by lunar3476
You know I've asked my dealers here in town and they really aren't much help. I tried one stereo shop and he was trying to sell me a whole new system with amps and stuff so I left. I've even got into a chat w/ a Crutchfield sales rep online and they said there is no way to do what you (we) are trying to do but a lot of our fellow members say the wires are there for a sub. My biggest concern is having to run a power wire to my battery. I'm at a lose. I'm pretty much in the same boat you are. I don't have the audiophile system but I'd like to add the amp w/ having to replace the head unit or do a lot of aftermarket work. I'm really disappointed w/ the factory system. The only reason I know I don't have the audiophile system is because my window sticker didn't list it as an option.
I also have an option on my aux button for "line in" but no one can tell me if I have a line in jack in the back of the head unit. Crutchfield said that if I hook up an adapter for an Ipod, i'd loose my sirius radio.

If you figure this out, please share your findings and I'll do the same.

I should mention I only talked to the dealers in my area. Maybe some of you that live in a larger city have had better luck. I live near the border so our city isn't very advanced when it comes to technology.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:04 AM
I guess I am going to take it to my dealer........but let me get this right ..... so some of you are saying that I may not even have the subwoofer coonection on the back on my HU ??? Now that would suck !!! Soooooo if that is the case, can I install an aftermarket sub with the factory HU ????

Thanks ,

Otis Da Whino

Old 11-25-2006, 10:14 AM
I just thought of another way to check. Pull the driver side door sill plate. It just lifts right off. Pull one end straight up. Look at the wiring under it. You will be looking for a silver/aluminum foil wrapped group of wiring. If you see that, the wiring should be there. That wiring i'm talking about is the shielded wiring to the sub. This is not hard to do at all.
The rear harness might be located closer to the cab wall. I forgot about the connector being cut off, but if you look at the sub you will see the size of it. Try pushing around on the carpet at least a foot away or so. they might of tucked it away, or it might be in the rear panel where the seat belt is fastened to. You might have to look around to find it. I would also pull the radio like the others said. That is not hard to do either. Just open your ash tray and gently start pulling on the trim that goes around the radio until it's off. Remove 4 screws and look for that plug. None of this is hard to do,YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Quick Reply: 2005 F150 KR Factory Subwoofer Connection HELP PLEASE