In Search of Speakers to Compliment my Pioneer Z1 HU

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well that being said you can easily mount the tweeter in there with even only very very little mechanical knowlegde.....

I will take a pic in a couple hours of my tweets and show you what I did....you'll see it's very simple...

Old 10-30-2006, 06:46 PM
cool. I think I'll hit up a few electronics stores this weekend and try and listen to the different speakers.

I definitely know I want components up front, coaxials in the back, and an amp.

I'd love to be able to just put the amp in the dash though. Is that possible? Then I could utilize the stock wiring to the speakers.

Duke

Old 10-30-2006, 08:00 PM
if you get a quality amp like the one i suggested off of ebay there is no way to get it there without some really nice custom fabbing. Choices are really behind the rear seat or under the rear bench portion (you could mount it to the floor or probably better under the seat)

why are you trying so hard to avoid running the additional wiring?

Old 10-30-2006, 08:28 PM
here's how my set up looks....I have a/d/s that are in a different league so to speak than the 346's...and no tweeter mounting hardware came with them...however if you got those or really any other set you should have mounts in the box that should work....... maybe at worst case scenario you'd have to open up the hole with some slight sanding by hand or with the dremel (worst case scenario)

if the set you go with has no mount it's easy....i just bought a sheet of foam..comes kinda like plywood...shaved it to the right size and attached it to the back of tweet with a dab silicone...and a dab of silicone to the back of the foam....which rested against the sheet metal in the door and kept the tweeter protruding out of the factory hole about 3 mm's or so....then for good measure used some silicone construction adhesive to seal her is.....(easy to cut and remove too) process should only take a very short amount of time....
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...gAnch=imgAnch1

you'll need a set of these for the front doors too....http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/159806/82-5600.html

u can even see, the tweet in the right in the pic has a flushmount that looks as though it would work great in the factory ford cut out...http://www.adst.com/products/mobile/3series/346cs.asp

Old 10-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by hotstang46
if you get a quality amp like the one i suggested off of ebay there is no way to get it there without some really nice custom fabbing. Choices are really behind the rear seat or under the rear bench portion (you could mount it to the floor or probably better under the seat)

why are you trying so hard to avoid running the additional wiring?
I'm dredding having to take the back seat off (can't put it under the seat b/c of MN winters and the chance of it seeing slush or road salt), and having to run wires up the pillars and through the rubber boot from the pillar to the doors on all four doors.

I installed the Z1 myself and it felt like a ton of work.

I know you're right and behind the back seat is the best option, but it's just more work that I'm trying to avoid.

Duke

Old 10-30-2006, 09:10 PM
unless your shoveling snow into the truck I think you'd be fine mounting it to the underside of the seat as opposed to the floor under the seat. granted I only have an super cab but I'm sure you'd have a couple inches of room in between the amp and the floor.

I don't see as how you can avoid running speaker wire.....not until they develop wireless technonlogy further

Quick Reply: In Search of Speakers to Compliment my Pioneer Z1 HU