well crap!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well crap!

After about 5 years of hard thumping I finally blew 1 of 12' L7's it still plays but make a god awfull sound, sounds like somthing rattling in the magnet, I guess the voice coil has seperated some how. I was JW if there is a place that rebuilds them or would just be best to purchase a new set of L7's?

Or is there a better speaker than L7's im sure there is but dont wanna go to wild on spending cash.

I have a class D 1300 rms-x1@2ohms. wanting to hit about the same DB's if not more.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:38 PM
time to buy those 06 L7s

Old 08-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
yah you can order subs from ebay, just make sure you get them from an ebay store, and not just a random seller. Becareful of manf refurbs tho.

I see your from waco, what part of waco are you in? Id love to see pics of your sub box, maybe we can meet up sometime. Ill probably be out on the valley friday night, maybe sat night too.

email me or IM me if you want my cell, or you think you can come out and meet me.
-Patrick

Old 08-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Call Kicker and see what it cost to recone it. Probably the cheapest option...

Old 08-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
yah you can order subs from ebay, just make sure you get them from an ebay store, and not just a random seller. Becareful of manf refurbs tho.

I see your from waco, what part of waco are you in? Id love to see pics of your sub box, maybe we can meet up sometime. Ill probably be out on the valley friday night, maybe sat night too.

email me or IM me if you want my cell, or you think you can come out and meet me.
-Patrick
I'm in south waco right off of valley mills drive.

Your not by chance on ntac-racing forums are ya? JW... I like how ya done your box looks clean.

The box I built has approx 1.8 cu. ft of space on each side I just pulled the bottom half of my seats out, and built it to fit there so you actually sit on the box. I did loose head room back there but I never sit back there hahaha.

When I had both subs playing I hit 139.2 db's I'd like to get more but I dont think it is possible with one sub now lol.

I debating if should build another box now make it to where the subs are downfiring instead of facing to the front, also was debating on making a ported box with the max cu. ft. I have a huge cardboard box for my template so I guess maybe i'll start this weekend.

I just hate making the cuts though cause I dont have a table saw, i'd also like to get my seats back in there, I was just about to carpet and attach the seats to the box till this happend. I guess thats just the audio world though.

I may be able to make it out there this weekend I dunno usally up by sonic when i'm out, I'm in a black F-150 ext cab, acetoned badges, few stickers on the back window.

Last edited by somcoupe; 08-24-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Global Moderator &

Cool, i live off of Univ Parks, right by baylor. If you want help workin on your box, or lookin for ideas give me a shout. Ive had friends sit on my box, and i left it in when i moved down here, boxes stacked to ceiling with seats folded forward.

Post up some pics of your ride and box. If i go out to the valley on friday ill probably be at the Fbody meet by wendys since both my roomate have LS1 Fbody's. Saturday ill probably be either across from sonic or at sonic. usually get out there around 10-10:30

And no i havent heard of that forrum, im most frequent this one, and a local one "driftstars.com" its a few local guys just giving eachother hard times about how slow they are. In all actuality we are all pretty slow haha

Thanks for the kind words on my box
-Patrick

Last edited by Patman; 08-24-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:24 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/somcoupe/truck/

here is a pick of my box I got liquid nails all over it, I wanted to make sure it was 100% sealed. I guess it doesn't look bad for being the first box I built.

I think im gonna start mocking on up today with cardboard, I'm just trying to debate on if I should port this one or not. If I port it it is gonna be the max port volume for the solo-barics. I'll have to get on angelfire and add some more pics of the truck in a bit, I dunno how to do the IMG tags on here I can do them on other sites but not this one oh well.

I'm gonna go start measuring before it gets really hot outside. I'm gonna park under the shade tree. I'm right by marstaller motors and the university middle school.

Trending Topics

Old 08-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Global Moderator &

Thats not bad. I bet that box is very very heavy once the subs are in it. I am quite familiar with liquid nails myself. If you read my whole box thread (which i hope you did) i liberally use liquid nails on the joints then used almost two whole cans of undercoating on the surfaces inside, and the joints outside, including attempting to cover and seal the counter sunk screws. Im pretty sure my box is water tight now

Heres my spotted box

And for the image tag i right clicked on your picture, went to properties at the bottom, then it shows the actual URL for the picture, and not the URL for the page its on. Then put the IMG tags on it....

If you get on aim someitme this afternoon before i go to work, ill send you my cell, if you think your gonna be able to come out to the valley tonight.
-Patrick

Last edited by Patman; 08-25-2006 at 02:34 PM.

Quick Reply: well crap!