Polk MMC650

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the same ones (6500 components). They sound twice as good as Infinity's. I had the reference 6x8 components and these blow them out of the water. I just have a reg cab so I dont have any rear fill. Cant beat them for the price. I have mine being ran by an alpine 200 RMS 2 channel amp.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why didn't you go with the 5250's ? You would not need to modify the door, and the power rating isn't much more (50 watts at peak power, 25 at RMS) and the 3/8's inches depth difference would have made for an easier install.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:36 AM
Old 08-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by F150Truck'in
So, how do ya like them?? I haven't had time to really listen to mind.. defiantly try to make some grilles, I do think it would be hard.... get some 1/4 MDF and grille cloth....cut out a pattern, cut the center, cover with cloth, screw to panel.....
I like them alot. They are much better than the stock speakers that were in the truck. I listen to mostly rock type music so at high volumes you can still hear the electric guitar and drums lound and clear. The only problem is that if the music isn't good quality then you can here the imperfections...

c0ckac0la

I didnt get the 5250 cause well.....bigger is better
And I could have done a better job of making them fit correctly but I didnt have the time and I am not a very patient person so I had to get them installed to see how they sounded Hopefully I can take some time to make them look better before I go back to college. I also need to get some sound deadening to put in the doors.

chrisrud15

How do you like yours? Does your alpine amp give them enough power. I would like to replace my hifonics with something a little better but dont have the money now.

I have had one other slight problem though. In between songs or towards the end when the song is coming to an end or just if you have the HU on but no music playing, when I accelerate there is feedback in the tweeters. The more I push the pedal down the more prominent it is. Now I have regrounded the amp once. My RCA's are supposedly shielded. The RCA is running down behind the pedal under the floormat and it does run along with all the power wires. I know I shouldnt have run it with the power wires but I didnt want to take out the seat and whole floor to run everything. Any suggestions?

Old 08-03-2006, 12:30 PM
I ran my RCA & remote wire behind my gauge cluster, there is a little space behind there and it was a perfect fit, and I ran my power wire on the right side of the truck, and RCA & remote on the left side, and haven't had any noist problems.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:09 PM
You are definitely hearing the noise b/c the RCA's are ran with the power wires. Switch them and then you shouldnt have any problems. The Alpine amp is plenty and it sounds great. I think I only have it turned up 1/4 of the amount it can push. I took all the bass out of them b/c of my sub and they sound really clean. They can go really high or really low. The best speakers I personally have ever had.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the advice. I guess I will try to run it around the other way.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=F150Truck'in]
I listened to them locally and then ordered from MillionBuy.com
Polk MMC650 $119.95
Polk MMC6500 $179.95
both came with a 1 year warranty, Polks have a 3 year warranty from a Polk dealer, MillionBuy is not a Polk dealer, so you get a 1 year from them.. but save about $200 over dealer prices, they have a special now with Free Shipping on orders over $200.00 and under 30 Lbs... /QUOTE]

I would have thought you learned after the great customer service you got from that nonauthorized eclipse dealer you bought your headunit from.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=nothinbutaford]
Originally Posted by F150Truck'in
I listened to them locally and then ordered from MillionBuy.com
Polk MMC650 $119.95
Polk MMC6500 $179.95
both came with a 1 year warranty, Polks have a 3 year warranty from a Polk dealer, MillionBuy is not a Polk dealer, so you get a 1 year from them.. but save about $200 over dealer prices, they have a special now with Free Shipping on orders over $200.00 and under 30 Lbs... /QUOTE]

I would have thought you learned after the great customer service you got from that nonauthorized eclipse dealer you bought your headunit from.
Yes, You have a point, but these is a big difference from a few hundred dollars of speakers and a Eclipse HU, if I had knew on that big of a sale, it would have never happened... but so far, it has worked perfect...
I did also try to buy from a local shop that I listen to them at, but they wanted full retail price on both sets and would not even come down one dollar on a two pair sale...and with prices higher than Crutchfield.com, (I didn't think that was possible) I walked out..!!!

even in the glass bussiness, if you want to buy two windshields, I'll cut you a break, any day, anytime, its just good bussiness

Am I willing to suport a local shop, hell ya... Am I willing to have my clock cleaned by a local shop, hell no..... If I have to buy on the net, as long as I get a great price and a warrenty, works for me....

but a Eclipse NAV HU, no warrenty after I was told it would be... I hope he got hammered to the wall..

Old 09-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Just ordered a set of the 6500 form Million buy.

Where did you pick up the 1/4" polycarb?

Craft store maybe?

I like the way you did yours and may try the same, after adding amps, my fronts suck, they are currently 5x7 Power Bass.

thanks

dave

Old 09-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by shtrdave
Just ordered a set of the 6500 form Million buy.

Where did you pick up the 1/4" polycarb?

Craft store maybe?

I like the way you did yours and may try the same, after adding amps, my fronts suck, they are currently 5x7 Power Bass.

thanks

dave
I just cut a few from work (Glass Co.) and covered with 3" wide elect. tape.... you will have to call a local glass shop that stocks 1/4" Lexan (polycarb)
keep in mine I get small cut offs like this cheap (Free) polycarb is high dollar and a major overkill for baffle plates...
I'm sure speaker adaptor plates will be cheaper.....

Old 09-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lookin good

Glad to see you found something you are liking

Old 09-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Lookin good

Glad to see you found something you are liking
Thanks Bartak, yes these Polks are night and day to the Infinitys... ED sub sounding real good now... I think all these new speakers are starting to break in now, sounding better every day..

Old 09-15-2006, 08:28 PM
F150Truck'in

I looked at mine until it got dark out this evening. Did you cut the door panel for the 6.5 to fit or trim the edge of the metal rim around the speaker?

Are they installed from the front or did you mount them and then reinstall the door panel over the top of them.

It is hard to tell from the pics.

The tweeter doesn't look so bad, but the other one is a bit large.

Thanks

dave

Old 09-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Mine popped right in. You may have to shave a little plastic but that's about it. I have a pic in my gallery of what mine looked like. Here it is.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...3049&anum=9329

Quick Reply: Polk MMC650