Kicker vs JL

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kicker vs JL

Please put any imput on both of these types of subs, any pros and cons would be much appreciated. Tomorow me and my dad will be looking at sub boxes for dual 10''s under the rear seat and these two types i have narrowed it down to. Thanks!

Old 03-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Well to fit under the rear seat, I am pretty sure you are not looking at Kicker Square or JL W6 or W7 so, probably CompVr versus JL W3 or W1. Unless you are going with some custom box or something. I think both subs are will perform well in the proper enclosure.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:30 PM
I don't think a W7 will fit under the seat. LOL

Old 03-25-2006, 01:13 AM
w7? Not without lifting the seat.. and like dconder said.. for the lines you are looking at, they will both be comparable.. the w3 may have a little more of an edge on the comp vr.. but either way you will be around the same

Old 03-25-2006, 08:08 AM
xplorher...you would have to do some searching but, Brypink2 was just joking. You can find his posts for his box that has 2 10W7's in it under the seat with a lift kit. It is totally custom and awesome looking.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I am new to this forum. I was replying based on the original post and generally do not take time to research other posters comments - don't have time for that !

Old 03-25-2006, 03:44 PM
search feature = your friend

But, that's not what dconder was telling you...he was saying I was joking and to prove that I was all you would have to do is perform a search (or click on my "find all post by" feature) and you will see that I was joking.

Old 03-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
personally i wouldnt go with either. I went and listened to the w3's yesterday and was no impressed at all, but thats just me i dont know what youre looking for.

Old 03-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by brypink2
search feature = your friend

But, that's not what dconder was telling you...he was saying I was joking and to prove that I was all you would have to do is perform a search (or click on my "find all post by" feature) and you will see that I was joking.
Yeah, I know what dconder was saying.. my point is that I was not going to read your line, and then search YOUR posts to see if you were joking or not.. it just wasn't important for me to really find out if that was a joke or not - nice install by the way.

I also think that by initial read of the original question of the thread, this guy is not looking at w7's. You have a custom enclosure for a much beefier sub, and a modification to the seat height - he is not going to find that kind of box just sitting around. He would have to go custom. If anyone is trying to stay within the space that Ford left for us under the seat, you can only go so far. It is pretty tight in there.

Old 03-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Yep, the W7 wouldn't work for nuclearthreat54. I was kinda being a smarta$$ to deconder. LOL

The W6v2 & W7 are the only subs by JL worth a chit IMO. And neither will work for nuke unless he goes a little extreme like I did. Thanks for the comment BTW.

Hey nuke - I wouldn't go with either kicker or jl (at least w/ ones that will work under the seat w/ no mods). If you want a powerful sub that would fit in a regular under the seat box look at the Treo SSi. I have pics in my gallery of a couple. They work well in small enclosure as well, but they need some clearance for excursion.

Quick Reply: Kicker vs JL