port location

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
port location

Since it is commonly agreed by most folks that a port should be on the same panel as the sub is mounted then if both the sub and the port were downfiring underneath the back seat....... I guess what I'm wondering is how would it sound? muddy?

Old 02-18-2006, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by stetsonguy
Since it is commonly agreed by most folks that a port should be on the same panel as the sub is mounted then if both the sub and the port were downfiring underneath the back seat....... I guess what I'm wondering is how would it sound? muddy?
generraly its best to keep the port and driver on the same baffle. however. I've seen many setups with ports elsewhere. My favorite ported box I ever built had 2 Hype-R 15's firing up and the ports going out the sides. generally you do not want the port facing 180 degrees from the driver. 90 degrees would be acceptable. the key is to make sure the port is not to small. or to narrow, I built a small port once that was like .25 inch wide and it had ALOT of port noise.

Old 02-18-2006, 03:34 PM
In most ported truck boxes I have seen, the port fires out the side into the back corner of the cab, i.e. stealthbox, probox, kicker's prefab loaded boxes, etc... So im guessing out of the front, or the side is fine.

Quick Reply: port location