wire harness for factory sub

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wire harness for factory sub

Everyone seems to be getting their harness for the Audiophile sub woofer (in those f150's that aren't pre-wired) from installers.com. I sent 'em an email and they say they are dealer only? OK where do I go from here? Anyone have a Ford part # for this harness?

Old 02-14-2006, 05:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These numbers came from an old post. I order the plug for the sub hook-up in the back of the HU from www.fordparts.com and it worked fine. Please try to verify these numbers with your dealer before you order them.

3U2Z-14S411-DLA: Connector w/ leads that plugs into head unit
3U2Z-14S411-CAAA: Connector w/ leads that plugs into sub/amp

You will have to use these to make up your own harness. I have the wiring diagram if you need me to e-mail it to you.

Good luck!

Old 02-14-2006, 06:53 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this should be a sticky

Originally Posted by jmpancoast
These numbers came from an old post. I order the plug for the sub hook-up in the back of the HU from www.fordparts.com and it worked fine. Please try to verify these numbers with your dealer before you order them.

You will have to use these to make up your own harness. I have the wiring diagram if you need me to e-mail it to you.

Good luck!
Thaks , AGAIN ! jmpancoast, I searched this topic last night untill my eyeballs fell out, and finally found the above mentioned part #'s. This subject should really be a STICKY!

Old 02-14-2006, 07:14 AM
I installed a powered Bazooka sub tube and ran the power directly from the battery. As far as the speaker wiring, I used a good quality, non-shielded, wire and ran the wires on the side of the truck opposite the 8 ga. power wire. I am e-mailing you the wiring diagram for the factory set up. Hopefully it will answer your questions.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Would you mind e-mailing me that diagram as well? I am finding conflicting information about whcih wire does what on that 4 wire harness.

Thanks,
rta108 at yahoo dot com

Old 02-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks a ton!

Old 12-10-2006, 06:52 PM
I know its an old thread but hopefully I can get some more info...

Hello,

I've searched hi and low for this information and part numbers because i'm in the same boat, I want to make my own harness for adding an amp to my audiophile head unit.

I just wanted to confirm before I ordered, is the part

an 8 pin harness? If i get this connector can i hook this up to my amp using the low level inputs on my amp? Or do I need a line out converter? Anyone know which pins are the signal wires?

jmpancoast, could you send me the wiring diagrams if you still have them? Thanks!!!!

Last edited by 05F150XLT; 12-10-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by jmpancoast

Good luck!
any idea what kind of connector i would need if i have an aftermarket head unit? just ordered a factory sub but don't have the wire harness under the backseat.

Quick Reply: wire harness for factory sub