2004 Screw factory replacements HELP?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2004 Screw factory replacements HELP?????

What are some good recommendations for replacing the stock speakers in the front and back of a 2004 Supercrew. I am not going to put a amp and sub, I kinda grew out of that phase, but just want a better sound than factory(more clarity and loudness). What sizes do I need to put in front and back and also what brands and where to buy them reasonably $$$$? I also would like something fairly easy to install, just pull out the old speakers and put in the new ones. Thanks in ADVANCE!

Old 12-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gdbunn4
What are some good recommendations for replacing the stock speakers in the front and back of a 2004 Supercrew. I am not going to put a amp and sub, I kinda grew out of that phase, but just want a better sound than factory (more clarity and loudness). What sizes do I need to put in front and back and also what brands and where to buy them reasonably $$$$? I also would like something fairly easy to install, just pull out the old speakers and put in the new ones. Thanks in ADVANCE!
they are 5x7 or 4x6 (both same external dimensions) The factorys are not that bad. The biggest problem is the speakers sit in a 2 and a half inch hole. That makes it sound bad. I put 200 dollar alpines in, with an aftermarket head unit/amp and they sound like poop because of they are inset so much.

As for decent speakers at a decent price. Pioneers are pretty cheap and are a good bang for the buck. They are also drop ins - as are most 5x7s in the 150. Just go to best buy and find a set af 5x7s that fit your budget. Any of the name brands are good if you are running stock everything else.

Good luck.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It really depends on how much you want to spend. You could get some decent ones such as pioneer 3 ways, and then you can get nicer w/ some alpines, infinity kappas, and so on. I am really tempted to throw some boston acoustics in mine. I just purchased some polk components but you dont want the amp so i would choose some decent three ways or built in component speakers. My advice would be go to crutchfield.com and pick out a set or two. It will also tell you what size to get. I think 6x8 but no 100 percent sure. Either 6x8 or 5x7. Then when you find a set, go to millionbuy.com or ebay and purchase them. Crutchfield's prices are crazy. Many many options though.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
These guys have some good ideas.

When I first got my F150 I dropped in some el cheapo 50 dollar Pioneer 2-ways till I got money for what I wanted-and for 50 bucks they werent to bad. Definatley more detailed and better sounding than stock.

I think it was 97f150 who found a good deal on some MTX 5x7's. A Mitek (company that owns MTX) buyout. 35 bucks a pair. Website is mitek.com IIRC; something along those lines lol.
He also found a deal on Crutchfield, Alpine Type R 5x7's for half price or something like that. That one might be over though. Crutchfield also gives you a harness, so it only takes like 5 minutes per speaker.
Its been awhile, I cant remember the specifics on those deals though

Stock size is 5x7/6x8 (they will fit in the same hole, pretty much the same thing)

What is your budget, and are you using the stock HU, or an aftermarket one?
W can help you search a little if you give us this info.

Quick Reply: 2004 Screw factory replacements HELP?????