5x7 speaker baffles

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bass is very tight with the baffles compared to "free air" w/o them. I'm having my 4 channel amp fixed (1 channel started fading out) so I'm using a spare 2 channel. I had to pick between my kick panels (with baffles)and my door components (no baffles), I chose the kick panels to run solo for a while and I now can tell the difference in the sound. The quality is still there just a "tighter" bass response. I didn't notice it really before because my 6 1/2" comps. in the door don't have baffles, so I have always had a mix. The only visual difference is that the woofers w/o the baffles flex alot more than my 5 1/4" with baffles, i.e. tighter bass. I am currently working on door pods so I wont need baffles in the doors. Remember if you use polyfil, it will change the bass response a little, polyfil trix the speaker into thinking its in a larger area.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:32 AM
If my math is right, I should be running a .709 Qts... Can't get much closer than that... Rockafella, I'm not complaining about losing the amount of bass that was there previously, I could dampen it, but I'd be back to what I was before... I'm looking for the most accurate delivery the speaker can give me, in its entire range.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Not saying that your complaining at all...just letting you know that if you want to tune the baffles a bit, you can use some polyfil. You can use a cotton ball sized piece or fill the whole baffle, what ever you want. That's all.

Old 06-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, tighter lows and more volume in the vocal area sounds very nice to me, hopeully it will have the same affect on my mids. I think Im going to order a pair and a bag of poly fill.

Were the 3 inch ones you got the deep ones or shallow ones? Also, you woulndt happen to know how much airspace yours is, minus the driver volume would ya?

Thanks

Old 06-09-2005, 04:14 PM
The only baffles I have are for my 5 1/4" mids in the kick panels. The ones I have are the regular ones, 3 3/4" deep. The slim version baffles are only 2 1/2" deep. And I put a small amount of polyfil where I made the cut in the baffle for the wires. Don't know the air space, 3.75 inches deep by about 5 inches across.

Quick Reply: 5x7 speaker baffles