StealthBox

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 07:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StealthBox

Happy to say i got my JL Stealthbox yesterday and dropped her in. WOW, all i gotta say is that back massage feels GOOOOOD!!!
Good Lord Man!

Old 05-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Stealthbox

Congrats on the box. I just installed the one that I ordered from Music Moose...and man it slams..i was going to go with the JL, but for duals the cost was so out of my range...can you say possibly box envy...

Old 05-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Well, consider me envious of your wallet then lol !
Twas a pretty penny, but worth it to hear a 10 hittin that heavy.
Ill stress out about the price at the end of the month when
mortgage is due.......HeHe

Old 05-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Well it' still early in the month..:-) I ended up with 2 Kicker 10" Comps dual voice coil...I'll be posting pics soon...I've got some other pics..check em out on my profile..

Old 05-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Love the billet grill, looks nice on the silver especially! Been looking for one that still reveals the blue oval like that........gotta do some internet surfing now lol. Stull industries huh? Have to google them. Looks sharp!

Old 05-17-2005, 11:34 AM
what color stealth box did you get? My interior is Medium flint (leather). I saw that the medium and dark flint are the same part number. And the color match is fair. I'm guessing the Stealth box is right between the medium and dark flint shades.

I'm also looking for an idea of something to put on the front of the box once it comes. I was thinking of using a stencil and spraying something on the face of it, but with feet hitting it all the time, it would look like crap.

The flat part under the seat, just looks like it needs something on it though. Or am I way off??

Old 05-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi Crudeau,

I got the medium charcoal. I'll take some pics this week for you. It sticks out maybe 1/2"-1" but still plenty of room..

Old 05-17-2005, 01:28 PM
I ordered the Dark Flint, and it seems lighter than Id expected.........It matches the carpet (light grey) better than the seat (two tone flint) So maybe i got boned on the color........doesnt seem very dark.........but it sounds so good i dont care lol ! You are right though, I dont get a ton of traffin in the back seat, but i can see alot of heel action getting it dirtied up, gonna have to put a sign up to "KEEP YOUR FEET ON THE MATS". Anyway, oh and there is actually a threaded insert on the drivers side of the box, fiberglassed right into the box to mount it to the seat bracket. I thought it just tossed in under the seat, and i heard this awful whistle when it hit a punchy bass note, turns out it was the open threaded hole in the box porting out air that I didnt even know about. Sounded like a bird chirpin. So make sure you mount it and fill in that thread. Its a bitch to get your hands and a wrench in there..........which SUCKS, but think of it as good theft protection, not many thieves have 10-15 minutes to remove a bolt lol. And rippin it out would obviously leave a less than desirable hole in the fiberglass. Not much use to anyone.

Old 05-17-2005, 02:26 PM
cool, rain...
any pics, Blaque??

I'm thinking I may put something accross the front of mine still, when I do get it. Maybe something stainless or something. Something to add a different look, rather then just a carpet box under the seat. Maybe some thin Stainless letters "JL AUDIO 10w3v2" or something like though. Who knows, maybe just a centered "F X 4".

What amps are you guys pushing them with? And I'm assuming you have aftermarket components, but are you amplifing them? I was thinking about getting the 5 channel JL amp to go with the stealthbox, Gives me like 75 RMS to each front, 25 RMS to each rear, and 250 to the stealth. But the amp is 19 inches wide.

Old 05-17-2005, 02:59 PM
No pics.........Ill try to get a few digi's tonite and get them on the board with in the next few days. I like the thought of the stainless as a kickplate to protect the box from gettin peoples boots. Maybe even an aluminum diamond plate cover........that would be different......would definitely keep the box clean, only it would be one hell of a rattler!

As far as amps, Im running a single Audiobahn 6004T in tri mode.
You should shoot to get at least 300 to that sub.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm running an Alpine MRD-M301 Mono amp. It's pushing about 350W total into 2 Kicker VR Comp Dual Voice coil 10"s. I'm not a huge bass head, but let me tell you when it hits it hits...I can feel the vibration in my chest from the front seat...

Old 05-18-2005, 11:23 AM
color

Originally Posted by crudeau
what color stealth box did you get? My interior is Medium flint (leather). I saw that the medium and dark flint are the same part number. And the color match is fair. I'm guessing the Stealth box is right between the medium and dark flint shades.

I'm also looking for an idea of something to put on the front of the box once it comes. I was thinking of using a stencil and spraying something on the face of it, but with feet hitting it all the time, it would look like crap.

The flat part under the seat, just looks like it needs something on it though. Or am I way off??

I actually ordered Charcoal Grey..it's a little darker than the carpet, but closer to the two tone of the seats...it's really hit or miss with that stuff. I'll try and take some pics this weekend. I had originally ordered just a single 10" box, but they sent me the dual 10"...the fit is awesome though.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:27 AM
cool. I'm not sure what route I want to go with my components yet. If the stealth box isn't incredibly loud, then I have no need to amplify my components. But if I run seperates up front I would need to amplify them. So hard to decide. I think I want to run a 6 1/2 inch mid and seperate tweeter in each front door, and then just a cheap 2-way in the back for rear fill.

I may go with a small 2 channel amp for the front component set, run the rears off the deck, and get the JL 250.1 for the stealthbox. Thing with the JL amps is they are all under-rated. So the 10w3v2 D4 will get it's 300ish watts. What do you guys think of this setup?? I'm thinking probably some of JL's bottom of the line 2 way 5x7's or 6x8's for the rear doors, and whatever top of the line JL 6 1/2 2 way seperates for the front. Probably put the front 2 channel amp under the passanger front seat, and the sub amp under the rear seat.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:30 AM
They make a dual??? I didn't see that. I have an 05 Supercab. I don't see the option for a dual.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Talking Recommendation

Originally Posted by crudeau
cool. I'm not sure what route I want to go with my components yet. If the stealth box isn't incredibly loud, then I have no need to amplify my components. But if I run seperates up front I would need to amplify them. So hard to decide. I think I want to run a 6 1/2 inch mid and seperate tweeter in each front door, and then just a cheap 2-way in the back for rear fill.

I may go with a small 2 channel amp for the front component set, run the rears off the deck, and get the JL 250.1 for the stealthbox. Thing with the JL amps is they are all under-rated. So the 10w3v2 D4 will get it's 300ish watts. What do you guys think of this setup?? I'm thinking probably some of JL's bottom of the line 2 way 5x7's or 6x8's for the rear doors, and whatever top of the line JL 6 1/2 2 way seperates for the front. Probably put the front 2 channel amp under the passanger front seat, and the sub amp under the rear seat.
Ok...here's my set up as it is right now.

Kicker Comp 5x7 Separates
Kenwood 5x7 Coaxials
Alpine V12 MRV-F340 pushing these components.

I am a HUGE fan of running separates in the front, simply because the clarity is amazing. You've got to account for the high pass frequencies and the best way to do that is to utilize external amplification. For example even the 45W per channel that the amp is producing is plenty loud enough, but CLEAR with NO distorting. Now compare the size of that amp or any amp for that matter versus the size of the head unit...I know that head units claim that they produce up to 25W per channel, but remember that's only 2 channels, and that's at full volume...PURE DISTORTION. The coaxials in the rear are only for rear fill only, trust me you don't want to skimp on this piece.

Quick Reply: StealthBox