Birthday Present

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Birthday Present

It's my birthday today (March 10th) and to treat myself, I have finally decided to complete my system in my truck. The tax return also helped in the decision.

I have decided to get an Alpine MRV-F340 for the fronts and rears. I am also going to order a shallow mount Premier 12'' that will be mounted under the rear seat and run with an MTX 2 channel amp in bridged mode (I already own it.) The Alpine will put out 55x4 to the Kappas I already have in the doors, and the MTX will put out 280 bridged to the sub.

Before any of this equipment is installed, I am going to also order some Brown Bread (200 sq. ft. or so) and deaden the entire interior. Total overhaul.

Dupuis, Deus, any opinions? Does this sound all right? I will not be bumping or anything, just an upgrade with some low end (finally.)

What do you guys think?

Old 03-10-2005, 05:33 PM
I figured this was another 'rate my system' thread until I saw my nick pop up

Anyhow, thats a lot of brownbread to go around. I used about 65ft² of Raammat BXT on my doors along with about 12ft² of Ensolite foam. That was 2-3 layers on the outer sheet metal, a layer to seal up the door, and some on the door panel. I used 1 layer of foam on the outer sheet metal and 1 layer under the door panel.

http://www.raamaudio.com

Midbass increase was noticable (with $32 Visonik 6.5" coaxials) but no noticable change in road noise or outside music volume. Not that it matters when you drive with the windows down and the volume up.

The sub set up is fine IMO. Those Pioneer subs are neat little creatures.

I never run rear speakers in my set ups. What I recommend to most people is to leave them stock (powered off the deck) and put that money into the fronts and/or a better amp. Most people who do this end up heavily fading the rear speakers or not even using them. You already have Kappas back there so might as well put them to use.

A little more power from the 4chan wouldn't hurt for maximum volume/performance/upgradability.

What deck do/will you have?

Old 03-10-2005, 10:48 PM
What's up Deus?

The HU is an Alpine CDA-9825. I figured I would keep my MTX 4202 for the sub so it would be used and not just sitting in the closet collecting dust.

I thought about the Alpine MRV-F540 (80x4) but that 4 channel only pushes 200 to the sub when bridged. The Premier, which is 300 watts RMS, will get 280 from the MTX bridged.

It will be nice having my system all done, too.

Last edited by 97xltv8; 03-11-2005 at 12:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Birthday Present