QLogic enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QLogic enclosure

Just purchased 2005 FX4 Supercab and I'm needing to purchase a new sub, since my JL Audio stealthbox won't fit. I don't want to purchase a new Stealthbox, simply due to the high cost.

I seen that Crutchfield carries the QLogic box for 1- 10" sub. I need to know how they sound and if they are worth the money.

What about the Probox with my own sub. I'm not looking for earth shattering bass, just something the compliment my 4 Infinity Kappa 572.5. What ever I go with, I'll be driving it with a JL Audio 250/1 amp. I'll be driving the 4 Kappa's with a 4-channel Audiobahn amp. HU is an Alpine CDA 8513 .

I'm just looking for a decent sounding enclosure that'll sound similar to my stealthbox.

By the way, I'm trying to sell my Stealthbox. It's only 9 months old is for a 2000 F-150 ext. cab. I never played it hard. Just like new.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-24-2005, 03:10 PM
How is the bass from the old stealthbox? I've been considering getting one of these myself. How much are you looking to get for yours?

-Zac-

Old 01-24-2005, 07:23 PM
The stealth box sounded great! I'm sure you can find other threads on here with the same response. I really wish it could have fit, but unfortunatly it doesn't.

The box is made of fiberglass and is very durable.

I paid $450. I was hoping to get $300 for it. Or give me your best offer.

Old 01-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you post a picture of the Stealthbox?

Old 02-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Stealthbox for Sale?

Greeny,

Have you sold you stealthbox yet? I might be interested?

Mike

Old 02-18-2005, 01:05 PM
No. I still have it sitting at home. If you're really interested, email me at home (tskidmore@fuse.net) and we can work out a price. I can't buy another to fit my new truck until I sell this one. Email me your best offer.

It's in EXCELLENT SHAPE. Never played hard and only a little over a year old.

Greeny...

Old 02-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Greeny,

My 2000 F150 has a charcoal interior. What color is your box? You can see pictures of my truck here:
http://home.comcast.net/~mrmsudawgs/...ome.html-.html

Take a look and let me know if the color will match. If so, I'll contact you via your e-mail address.

Thanks!

Mike

Old 02-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey,

Unfourtunatly, the color is beige. However, I'm sure it can easily be covered with any color of your choice.

My new truck has black carpet and I was going to recover it, but it won't fit.

Let me know if still interested.

Old 02-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Greeny,

Did you get the e-mail I sent to your personal e-mail address?

Mike

Old 02-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Yea, I got your email. I was going to email you back later today.

$150 is too low.

How about $275 and I'll pay for freight.

Old 02-19-2005, 11:48 AM
JHL
Greeny:

Find a reputable high end shop, not a chain! They can actually custom build a box to the optimum dimensions and volume for that JL woofer and your new f150.

I have also heard that there is enough room behind the rear seat in the 04/05's to hide a box there. Can anyone confirm this?

A really good shop can even custom tune the box to a specific frequency for your type of listening... and it will cost less than that stealthbox did new...which were not cheap! I had a loaner Stealthbox in my truck for a month and loved it, but I needed to be able to still fold down the seat for cargo and it was just too much $!

Do you know the model # of your present stealthbox?

Old 02-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Question Stealth Box

Greeny,

Before I agree on a price I was wondering if you would help me with some logistics. Basically, when you had your stealthbox installed under the rear passenger seat - where did you install the amp(s)? I am looking at using a sub amp for the box and a 4-channel amp for the the door speakers. Based on the sizes of the amps - I have no place to put them except under the rear seat on the driver's side. I'll have to stack the amps on top of each other using some type of shelf.

How was your system set up? Where did you put your amps?

One more thing - do you know what the internal volume of the box is? Is it ported?

Mike

Old 02-19-2005, 02:44 PM
JHL
Re: Stealth Box

Originally posted by mrmsudawgs
...Based on the sizes of the amps - I have no place to put them except under the rear seat on the driver's side. I'll have to stack the amps on top of each other using some type of shelf.
dawgs:

Depending on the height of your amps, you should be able to mount them behind the rear seat back (the back of the cab), that way you dont have to stack; which can lead to cooling problems with some amps!

My 2 cents...

Old 02-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks. I guess my next obvious question is how do I get the back seats's back rest out of the truck in order to see how much depth I have? Do I need to remove the bench seating first?

thanks,

Mike

Old 02-19-2005, 04:09 PM
JHL
Unfortunately, yes... the rear seat bottom has to come out first, I believe there are 6 x 17mm bolts. The back ones are a little tight, but it will give you lots of room to work!

I am actually planning a new box to put either four 6" or three 8" subs behind the back seat... and put my amps under the seat. Unlike most f150'ers, I still use the fold down cargo function... and want to keep it working. Plus I like my subs hidden!

Quick Reply: QLogic enclosure