Does anyone here actually own one these subbox.net Supercrew boxes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2001, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anyone here actually own one these subbox.net Supercrew boxes?

I have been looking at them, but I am a little skeptical about the fit (being small enough) under the seat. If anybody has a pic of one installed, that would be great. Thanks-

Old 05-07-2001, 10:48 AM
Question

I can't help you JB, but I'm wondering the same thing, so I thought I'd kick this topic up to the top. What I'm also wondering is, how good is the 10" sub that comes with the box and what is the ride like in the back seat once installed? Is the box easy to slide in and out as they claim?

Old 05-09-2001, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the boost Grump. Now all we need is someone who has one of these babies. When I talked to the guy at subbox, he told me he had sold 40 of them in the last month.

Old 05-09-2001, 11:22 AM
Talking

I have one and it fits like a glove under the seat. It slid in in about 2 sec and can be removed almost just as fast. The box is great however it only comes in a gray color which is the color of the sealer on it. I recommend getting it carpeted. I would also recommend looking into another type of sub than the excursion that you can get with it. The box requires a small height woofer so I don't know if anyone else has one to fit it. Also, it ain't gonna knock the windows out. I have a punch 40 amp pushing the 10" and it sounds great (don't get me wrong), but I had a 12" MTX Thunder in my Dodge in a Q'Logic box and it would rattle windows for about 1/4 mile.
The subnet box is made solid and coated in sealer and sounds good.
I looked into putting a 12" under the screw seat but NOWAY NOHOW because all the 12s I found were too tall soo the 10 was the only choice.
Hope this helps

Old 05-09-2001, 06:37 PM
GA Southern Eagle,
Since you were talking about it, what is the mounting depth in the subbox.net box? The web page says the box is 7"H. What size MDF is the box mde out of? I see a little cutout area to add depth, how deep is that? Instead of trying to figure that out, it might be easier to write the guy and ask him...
I'd like to see if a JL Audio 10W3 would fit. The speaker's mounting depth is 5.8125" but another 1/4" or so is needed for proper cooling.
-Michael

------------------
Oxford White 2001 SuperCrew Lariat 4X2
MODS:
Gibson Dual Sport Exhaust
Roadmaster Active Suspension
DJM 2" Drop Shackles
Stull Billet Grill
TruckMaster Designs Airdam
Retrax bed cover
Ultimate Linings spray-in bed liner
hideaway strobes, multipattern high-beam wig-wag, & hidden siren

[This message has been edited by fireman467 (edited 05-09-2001).]

Old 05-14-2001, 06:13 PM
Question

Are there any pics of one of these installed somewhere? Any ideas on what other subs (depth) will fit into this enclosure?

Old 05-17-2001, 11:04 AM
Account Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
Cool

Michael, good point about the subwoofer depth . . it needs to be added to the product pages.

The SUperCrew box has a mounting depth of 5", so the JL 10" subs you have will not fit. I have found that most subs will fit okay, as long as the woofers are not dual voice coil or with stacked magnets, because those drivers are usually very deep.

Sony, Cadence, Pioneer, Kicker, Orion, Hollywood Excursion, etc . . have models that fit.

Andy

Trending Topics

Old 06-06-2001, 07:09 PM
Thumbs up

I got my Cadence 10" sub with the subbox.net box installed today with a Sony X-plod 1805GX (4x40, 1x150) and four Infinity Kappas for my S'Crew. The subbox fits like a glove, stays secure (even when I had to swerve and brake suddenly to avoid some idiot making a left in front of me without looking in an attempt to total my new S'Crew, and kill himself in his little import) and blends in well with the medium graphite interior of my Lariat. The first subbox was damaged in transit, but it was replaced immediately and without a hassle by Andy of subbox.net, with UPS picking up the damaged box. My hats off to Andy for acting promptly and fixing what could have been a major hassle.

I don't have a website, but I did send Andy some pics of my installation for his website. So look for them soon at subbox.net. As far as the sound, I really didn't want to shake the neighborhood.... but I can if I want to. So far, so good.

Old 06-07-2001, 02:00 PM
Installation pics have been posted at www.subbox.net for the S'Crew.

Old 06-15-2001, 06:36 PM
I'm pretty set on ordering on of these boxes with the sony subwoofer installed... but I'm gonna wait till I have the cash to upgrade the stock head unit and front speakers at the same time. the new install pics on the site look nice!

Wes

------------------
www.weslazara.com/screw Gen3 Lariat 4x4, 5.4L, Lim. Slip, Black Ext./Graphite Int., Tow Pckg., 60/40 bench, Moonroof, Bed Ext., Cab Steps, Rear Window
Ordered: 1/12/01
Picked up: 3/2/01

MODS: Airforce 1 FIPK, Gibson Sweptside Exhaust, Bedrug, Husky liners, 2001 Lightning headlights, corners, taillights, 3rd lamp

Old 06-15-2001, 10:34 PM
Just installed 10" sub (kicker compvr10) used subbox box,kicker dx350amp with stock stereo and door speekers. This thing rocks the sound is great for the amount of money I saved. ($750) I highly recommend the SUBBOX Box. no port

Old 06-16-2001, 11:24 PM
i bought the one for my supercab and it fits perfect. downfiring subs allow you to put "stuff" on top of box if needed. i have 2 10" kenwoods in there and i think they are 5" depth or close to it. the box sounds great. sony xplod amp drives subs with a pioneer premium 730 head unit. if you want a pic just email me. r6racing@worldnet.att.net

Old 07-11-2001, 08:06 PM
Lightbulb

Don't own one, but I was reading about them and they look pretty good to me. Now you can only stuff 1 10" sub in there but with the right sub and maybe some ports you can really make it explode!

The sub has to be less than 5" mounting depth. I looked around and here is a sub worth looking at. It's made by Precision Power and is a 10" "flat piston" sub that has a mounting depth of only 4.24". This one puts out some serious power as I have 2 of them (older models) in my 94 f-150 in a custom box. Now the 12" sub also has the same mounting depth as the 10" still only 4.25. I don't know if you could modify the box or redesign it to fit a 12" but if you could the problem you might run into is the fact that the 12" needs at LEAST 1.5 liters of volume.

I have had my PPI subs now for almost 4 years and have beat the crap out of them, they still sound like the day I got them except for this damm ringinig in my ears. SPL can hurt!

http://www.precisionpower.com/pro10.html
http://www.precisionpower.com/pro12.html

Old 07-12-2001, 02:13 AM
According to the JL Audio website, the 10W6 has a mounting depth of 4.875 inches. Maybe this would be a good try. I have a subbox on order with andy and haven't figured out what speaker to put in it... I have an alpine 100watt amp for whatever speaker goes in...

Ken

Old 07-12-2001, 12:59 PM
Does anyone have a single sub supercrew box in a 2001 supercab? Does it fit? I like the idea of having only one sub under the seat and still having room to spare. The dual supercab box takes all under-seat space.

Quick Reply: Does anyone here actually own one these subbox.net Supercrew boxes?