Putting in two 10"

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 03:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Putting in two 10"

Im getting the boxes from subbox.net and thinking of dropping two 10 inch solar barics?? Well my question is with the right amp and all.. will this hit pretty hard?? For such a small space ?? Any info will help thanks...

1999 Ford F-150
Ext. Cab

Old 05-15-2001, 01:24 PM
Red face

With the right amp it will hit hard, that should not be the ??. The question should be: Will those subs fit in that box? Trust me I learned the hard way. I ordered the box and the subs(2-Infinity Perfects 10.1's) the same day. Later on I looked at the specs on the box and the mounting depth of the subs and thats when I came to the conclusion that they were to deep. So I had to make 1/2" adapter rings to get them to fit. In that box you have 5 1/2 inches to work with any more would be pushing it. The guy Andy at subbox.net should put down the enclosures interior specs so a person can plan ahead. As far as the box goes it fits like a glove and looks really stealth. Waiting to test it out.

Old 05-15-2001, 05:45 PM
Are you talking about the new square solos or the old ones? Yeah, 2000 is right, the measurements are all bucked up on any box that isn't specifically made for the box. My advice would be to look at the subs that come with the box and get the specs for those and go from there.

------------------

1999 super cab
white with tan bottom
4x2 automatic
4.6L v8
BFG AT TA KO 265/75
WAAG grillguard
2 KC daylighters
vampire remote start combo alarm
steelhorse nerf bars
Husky chrome toolbox
4 pioneer 3 way 6x8's
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wants: 2 chamber flowmaster dual exhaust
tan fender flares
american racing atlas
2" fabtech suspension leveling kit

Quick Reply: Putting in two 10"