??s on SuperCab Thunderforms

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2000, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ??s on SuperCab Thunderforms

There was recent discussion on the 10" MTX Thunderforms, but I didn't see any mention of the dual 8" box for the SuperCabs.

Does anyone have any experience with them? Which amplifier do you recommend (i.e. the MTX amp included with the enclosure or an external amp)?

Just wondering if two 8"s can do the job of hitting the hard, low bass of hard rock/metal (Limp Bizkit, KoRn, etc.), as well as whether they're worth the money. I'm planning on installing an Alpine deck over Christmas, followed shortly by subs for the rear and components for the front (amplified, of course).

Thanks...

------------------
VENOM 99
Y2K F-150 SuperCab XLT 4x4
5.4L, 4R70W, 3.55LS
ORP, Trailer Tow, Extang BlackMax tonneau, BedRug
--envious of those with the chrome steel 5-spoke factory wheels--
www.students.uiuc.edu/~cellariu

Old 12-08-2000, 01:02 PM
Cool

I have the mtx w/2 8's in my f150. I can honestly say that for r&b/hip hop it sounds very good. Very close to excellent. For rock/heavy metal it is excellent! This is coming from a guy that used to be big into "how low can you go". I have just grown out of that and I am now more interested is good clean sound that still packs a punch. As for amplifying it, I have no experience w/ the amplified version of the box but I am running mine with a Fosgate 100W mono channel. It hits hard, clean, and pretty low. I mean you couldn't expect 8's to go as low as 10's but they will definitly suprise you. My only warning to you would be that the mounting kit they provide ain't worth a toot! You will want to make your own brackets and believe me it is worth the effort. I ran the speakers for a couple of months just letting it stick under the seat and it sounded great. So I finally decided to mount it and it really improved the sound and quality of the bass. So to sum all of this up, I would say if you can find a deal (I did, I got it through Summit Racing and saved $100!) on it, go for it!

Old 12-09-2000, 10:54 PM
I've got the double 8 box and it works just great. I'm a hard rock person, and it just sounds great. They're small enough to hit hard and fast, and if you wanna go low and deep, they'll do the job. Do not underestimate them, these boys will do the job. As for what I powered them with, check out my signature, cause frankly, it's been so long since I've posted, that I forgot what I did, but I think it's 280 W. Later.

------------------
I am the driver of BIG RED! '99 S/C, 4.2, 5 spd, XLT, Bright Red Clearcoat, Medium Graphite, 5 Spoke 16" Cast Aluminum wheels, Lund bug shield, Limo tint, Pendaliner.

Aim Screenname : Qwikranger

Audio:
Pioneer DEH-345 Head Unit, Infinity Reference 5x7's all around, Kenwood KAC-848 50x4 amp on them, MTX Thunderform loaded with two MTX 6000 8's, and an MTX Pro 75 x 2 Blue Thunder Amp bridged to 280 x 1 on those beasts.

Things I want:
1. Exhaust
2. Airaid intake
3. Superchip

Limiting my performance increases:
1. BEING A COLLEGE STUDENT!! $$$

[This message has been edited by Charles F. (edited 12-09-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Charles F. (edited 12-10-2000).]

Quick Reply: ??s on SuperCab Thunderforms