components in the rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
components in the rear

i have pioneer 5 1/4 components in the rear doors of my 99 scab are they hurting my soundstage. i do a lot of road trips with friends they play a lot of video games and watch movies on my system i am trying to create a live loud clear sound.

Old 04-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Okay???????? Ummmm, what's your question?

Old 04-19-2004, 05:02 PM
You also didnt tell us what other components are installed; front speakers, amps etc., etc.

Old 04-19-2004, 06:30 PM
sorry infinity kappa compoments up front alpine cva 1003 hu mtx 100x4 and in the middle of putting in an alpine type r 10 powered by a jl 500/1

Old 04-19-2004, 07:59 PM
I feel sorry for your friends who have to sit in that supercab for any more than fifteen minutes! (Unless, of course, they are only four feet tall.)

Old 04-19-2004, 09:45 PM
why is that

Old 04-23-2004, 08:04 PM
May I ask why you didnt get all the same type speakers? I went with all Infinity Kappa series speakers running on a 75X4 Rockford Fosgate amp and have been thoroughly pleased with this set-up.

Old 04-24-2004, 04:07 PM
i wanted them but the shop around here that carries infinity told me they were back ordered for 2-3 weeks and i didnt want to wait that long kind of impatient so i went with some thing that we thought would sound about the same. there decent but i think i am going to upgrade to the infinitys here in the future. i like them a lot

Old 04-24-2004, 11:48 PM
chaener,

Yes, rear speakers can negatively affect your soundstage up front and is the main reason that your typical competition stereo system uses nothing at all in the rear playing higher than around 200hz. However, you can still have the best of both worlds and just use your fader to have only the fronts playing when it's just you in the car or you go to compete. That way when you have your friends in the back seat the will get the benefit of better sound as well.

Old 04-25-2004, 02:43 PM
thanks i am not going to compete or anything i am nowhere near that level yet i just like good sound. like when your on a road trip watching a movie and it feels like the bullets are bouncing off the cab that sort of thing

Old 04-27-2004, 04:59 AM
if possible, invest in some MBQuart P612 component sets. in anycase, u can hear the difference between a component set or a coax set since these speakers can double as one.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:29 PM
I have a related question. I bought my Infinity Kappa componets for the front and have a 4 channel Audiobahn amp (75 W X4). I was going to put Infinity Kappa coaxial in rear. What do you guys think should I put anything in the rear. I don't have a sub yet but at somepoint I will be putting on in.

Old 04-28-2004, 08:49 AM
Grey,

Read my last post. It really depends mainly on what you are wanting to do. If you plan on hitting the competition circuit stick with only front speakers and invest more in nicer front stage components. If you just want a little rear fill or want tohave surround sound with a mobile theater then any high quality co-axial would be perfect for the job. In my personal taste and for competitive reasons I opt in my system to only use front speakers. I don't have any video so rear speakers to me in my truck (which I am 95% of the time the only one in it) would be a waste of money and a drawback to my front stage depth. Anyway, that is my way of thinking. Many people like to have sound from all directions which is fine. Some of us want perfect staging and great depth and that is fine. After all is said and done it is you who most needs to be happy with their system and nobody else. I would suggest that if you have never experienced a competition level system that you at least try to go to a local show or stereo shop and ask around to see if there is anyone in your area that has a successful Sound Quality competition stereo that you can listen to to get an idea of what one sounds like.

Old 04-28-2004, 09:39 PM
Thanks

I think I am going to go with the rear speakers. I have no interest in competition. Thanks for your imput.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't let "I have no interest in competition" sway you away from setting it up in a way you don't think sounds good. The reason the "front only" works so well is gives a better enhancement of what we know as music in a car than the rear fill dolby type setup. Higher power on nicer speakers on the fronts will give you the car audio experiance your looking for. The advice about going to a comp and listening to how guys setup car audio as compared to what you dream up will blow your mind. If you can get an opurtunity to jump in and take a listen will give you a whole new light on what it is "suppose" to sound like.

Quick Reply: components in the rear