Rear Speaker Wire for Speaker-Level Input on Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Speaker Wire for Speaker-Level Input on Amp

I'm planning to install an amp and a 10" in the back of my 04 F-150 Supercrew. I planned on using the speaker level input and splice the wires going to the rear, driver-side door. I'm having trouble locating the speaker wires, though. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the panels off or what color the wires are. I planned on putting the splice in the wire tray running at the base of the doors.

Old 04-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Rear divers side door speakers wire colors are:
Brown/Yellow (-)
Light Gray/Light Blue (+)

I like I remember the speakers wires were the only ones that were twisted with each other. All of the others (none speakers wires) were not.
If I remember right the speakers wires going to that door goes up the center post between both doors. Look for those speakers wires in the front door tray. I don't think they go past that center post.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Dupuis; 04-03-2004 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 02:41 PM
I think those colors are for the motor of the power window...ZAP!!! I cut into the grooming and the only twisted pair were Green-Black and White. There are 4 more that are thicker. I assume they are for the Window Motor and the lock motor. Any suggestions?

Old 04-04-2004, 05:29 PM
The left rear speaker, at least coming out of the head unit, is pos is GY/LB and neg is TN/YE

Old 04-04-2004, 10:46 PM
OK. I just confirmed that the Green-Black and White are the speaker wires that are going through the side pillar and into the speaker. I took of the door panel using this link (https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=4897)and took the speaker out. Ford has installed a small harness at the base of the pillar that changes the color of the wire. The Gray/Light Blue and the Tan/Yellow does run through the wire tray beside the base of the drivers door. They are at the bottom of the wire cluster!

Last edited by ex279; 04-04-2004 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Guess it would make it just too damn easy to have the same colors all the way!

Old 04-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by ex279
OK. I just confirmed that the Green-Black and White are the speaker wires that are going through the side pillar and into the speaker. I took of the door panel using this link (https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=4897)and took the speaker out. Ford has installed a small harness at the base of the pillar that changes the color of the wire. The Gray/Light Blue and the Tan/Yellow does run through the wire tray beside the base of the drivers door. They are at the bottom of the wire cluster!

Been awhile since I did mine. By all means go with the colors above.
Thanks, xe279

Quick Reply: Rear Speaker Wire for Speaker-Level Input on Amp