Probox

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probox

I am having a probox from proboxrocks installed tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has had theirs painted to match the interior. They are coated with some type of spray on bedliner looking urethane?? I was hoping that someone might be able to let me know if this is doable and what kind of paint might be best to use if I decide this is what I want to do. I am going to see how I like it black and if I don't, then I will try to paint it tan to match the interior.
Thanks

Old 09-11-2003, 09:27 AM
I just got a reply from an email that I sent last night from probox. They recommended using a paint designed for plastics. Just for reference.

Old 05-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Hey Irhogfan,

Did you get the Proboxrocks box installed? If so, what sub did you go with?

How do you like it so far?

Old 05-06-2005, 06:27 PM
lrhogfan...

I was just thinking of doing the same thing to the Probox I bought from you. ( The system ROCKS, by the way.)

Greeny-Probox is DEFINATELY the way to go. I have a 8" Kicker and it's plenty loud for me.

I still need to figure out what to do with the RF 10" HX2 and RF 500W amp. Guess it's selling time!!

Thanks again for helping me set up my system.
DC

Old 05-06-2005, 06:59 PM
hey Hawkfxr724,

So you're saying that you have the Proboxrocks with an 8" Kicker and it sounds pretty good?

Is the sound quality pretty good?

Do you have any pics that you could either post or email me.
tskidmore@fuse.net

Does the box stick out in front of the rear seats or does it sit flush?

What did you pay for the box? Where did you get it from?

Old 05-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Love my Probox!

Greeny,

I couldn't be more happy with the sound quality from my Probox/Kicker setup. The box sits flush with the drivers side rear seat of my S-Crew. I mounted my amp under the other rear seat.
With the Probox installed, I can still lower the seat enough to access the storage bin behind the seat. I can fully lower the other side. The amp dosen't get in the way at all.

I bought my setup from LRHOGFAN on here. I don't know what if would cost you in a store.

If you're interested, I have a brand new 10" Rockford Fosgate HX2 sub and a Rockford Fosgate X.5 500W amp. I bought it thinking I wanted to install in into my truck, but the 8" Kicker is enough for me.
E-mail me if you'd like the "F150online" special price.!!
If you're thining about getting a box. You can't go wrong with a Probox. I like the Rhino liner type material they use to coat the box. It's very forgiving of mud, water and shoe scuffs.
I'll try to find the pics of the setup I bought.
Hope this helps.
DC
PS-Sorry it's taken me so long to reply.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:53 PM
How did it turn out??

LR,

Did you attempt to paint your Probox? If so, how did it go? If you'd hook us up with the proceedure and supplies you used, I'll buy you a cold one next time UK plays those 'Hogs!!!

Thanks
Daryl

Old 08-28-2005, 04:23 PM
I never made the attempt to paint the probox. I can't believe this thread got dug up from so long ago. At first I thought that I wouldn't like the black finish, but it really didn't look bad at all under the seat, so I thought why fix it if it ain't broken. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the probox set-up. I would choose the same box again if I didn't already buy a new 2005 with the audiophile system.

Quick Reply: Probox