Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

Kentucky Basketball

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kentucky Basketball

Who here is a Kentucky Wildcats fan? I predict they are going to win it all. I just hope they can hit those three's like they did when Travis Ford played for them way back in the day. That would be awesome. The thing about basketball season is that I get to watch that crazy announcer D-ick Vitale put on his shows before the games. If anyone knows who he is, I'm sure you know what I mean. That guy is crazy. LOL! GO WILDCATS!!!!!

Old 12-09-2003, 04:52 PM
And just because I live in Tennessee now, doesn't mean I'm a TN Volunteers fan. I was born and raised in Kentucky.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:37 PM
i've been watching uk and u of l since i was a kid. i like the cards but since the cats are from my state i also follow them. i really liked the 90's teams when mashburn was there. they should of had 2 or 3 rings in that era. i don't think they have them team right now that can go all the way. maybe by march that will be a different story. i'm just waiting my turn for the cards to get back to the top. are you one of those dyed in the wool blue fans that hate the cards no matter what? what about ricky p? do you wish death upon him? say it aint so.my son is a cat fan which makes it interesting in december around here.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:52 PM
No, I don't wish death on Ricky P. I'm true blue all the way. Yeah, I miss the day when Mashburn played. But I think they'll do good, as always. I've never been to a game at Rupp yet, but I hope to one of these days. Have you ever been to a game?

Old 12-09-2003, 10:56 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Huge Cats fan... Huge Cards fan... Huge Pitino fan...

I like em' all.

Actually had the joy of flying on a private jet with Pitino back in 95'... he's a helluva a guy.

RP

Old 12-10-2003, 08:27 AM
You flew on a plane with Pitino? That must have been cool. I miss his coaching. The Cats barely made it past UCLA the other day 52-50 was the score I think. They'd better shape up on their offence, but their defence is awesome. The Cats are always cold starting out, but when they get warmed up....look out!

Old 12-11-2003, 03:57 PM
i've been to rupp a few times. it's definatley one of the best basket atmospheres in the nation. i live so close to louisville that i go quite a bit to freedom hall. looks like the cats may be #1 after floridas loss to maryland. hope they can stay there til they play the cards. should be a good game.

Trending Topics

Old 12-13-2003, 11:28 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Peacemaker
You flew on a plane with Pitino? That must have been cool. ...
Yeah, it was a private jet owned by a multi-millionaire down in Madisonville, KY (my home town).

My X-GF's dad was one of this guy's pilots and was a HUGE UK BBall fan. I got a call one morning from my then GF telling me to get my butt down to the airport. She wouldn't tell me what was going on but, I took her word and got down there. Upon arrival, I found out that we were going to pick up Rick in Lex and fly him up to Pennsylvania to scout one of the top HS recruits at the time.

We picked him up in Lexington and he sat RIGHT NEXT TO ME. Mind you, this is a very small jet. We chit-chatted the entire way up to Penn. and I got a couple of autographs.

From Penn, we flew him up to New Jersey where he hopped out of the jet, shook all of our hands, and walked about 75 yards over to his convertible white Mercedes that had a UK blue canvas top.... yes, it was UK blue!!

It was definately a VERY neat experience! I shouldn't have let that GF get away!! Her dad is still the millionaire's pilot and still flies him around on recruiting trips for UofL now. Plus, he scoots Tubby around quite a bit... I still keep up with her but, like I said, I shouldn't have let her get away!

RP

Old 12-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Hey that's cool RP. Not everyone has a chance to have an experience like that. Consider yourself lucky! You da man!

Old 12-19-2003, 08:43 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Peacemaker
Hey that's cool RP. Not everyone has a chance to have an experience like that. Consider yourself lucky! You da man!
Yeah, it was very cool. I should've never let that girl get away... I'm sure I could've taken numerous other trips by now. She was a hottie too... *sighs*... I guess we all have the 'one that got away' huh?

RP

Old 12-19-2003, 09:41 AM
Man I feel for ya. I had one get away one time. But it was almost the best thing that ever happened to me. LOL!

Old 01-13-2004, 11:46 PM
UK just beat MSU 67-66!!!!!! Kentucky was down one point 66-65 then Eric Daniels made a lay up from an out of bounds pass with less than two seconds left on the clock to put UK up by one point 67-66. YEAH BABY! What a game! Fitch was hitting three's all night long, but our defense kinda sucked. Because MSU was down 18 points and came back to lead by one. But it wasn't enough. Kentucky can't be beat that easily. The Cats have their eyes on the final four, and nothing is going to stop them. MARK MY WORDS!

Old 01-14-2004, 03:52 PM
can you say university of louisville?[lol]

Old 01-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Georgia Tech basketball all the way!

Old 01-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by decoy562
Georgia Tech basketball all the way!
GAY TECH!? LOL!

I had a buddy that went there and I always called it that... it drove him bonkers..... LOL!!!!

Quick Reply: Kentucky Basketball