South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Want to help & get paid to install a 6" lift in the Houston area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TXST8tj
I am in Katy. Let me know if you need help getting this install lined up. Check out my ad on CL "Lift Kit Installations" for more of my info.

I flipped through the RC instructions. Other than the hub assembly possibly not being compatible, I can't see any reason why this 4wd kit would not work on a 2wd. You could easily test this before going too far into the installation; i.e., remove the hub and test fit on the new spindle before removing anything on your truck.
I install a lot of RC products. They make nice stuff overall, and have great prices.
Are you buying the kit new or used?
I might be able to beat the deal you are getting on the kit...let me know if you want a quote from me.
The difference is that on 4x4 trucks from 97-08 ford uses knuckles with bolt in hub bearings. on 2wd trucks the have spindles and bearings are on the spindle. (unlike others where they have bolt in hub bearings 4x2 or 4x4) if he can confirm that he has bolt in hub bearings than i agree shouldnt be an issue.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Had the lift installed today by a local mechanic who is also a huge lifted suspension enthusiast. Worked out a great deal with him since he buys a lot of product from my mother's business at a discount.

Will post pics once I get her cleaned up!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:19 PM
If you need information about a lift or have questions if it will work let me know. I can not help you put it on but I work at a dealer and Id be more than happy to ask our lift guy for you. ....

sorry just saw the latest post

Quick Reply: Want to help & get paid to install a 6" lift in the Houston area?