South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Antonio

Where is a good spot to get a little muddy in or around SA town, besides Devils den been there with my 03' FX4. That place was more rocks and hills then mud. Also do any of you guys ever met up and go off roading or anything like that?

Old 05-14-2008, 09:10 PM
I thought Devils Den had been closed. I had heard about it but never went to check it out. If you want to find some mud, you need to head out of San Antonio. I have been looking for places but haven't really found anything. I bet if you drive out to Hondo, D'Hanis, Flooresville, La Vernia, Seguin you can find some mud. Today would be a good day too with all the rain we received last night.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:03 PM
If you find out then let me know. I'm close to Round Rock and have been looking for a while. I'm from Louisiana and I know alot of old back roads that are hellacious mud riding trips. We used to ride for a whole day out in the woods nothing but mud pulling each other out and drinking beer while laughing at the guy that busted his *** while hooking up the tow rope. If you or any other guys would like to take a weekend and go do some riding then let me know. I don't know anyone here and would like to meet some folks with the same interest. We ride with BBQ Pits blazing and music real loud and have a good time. It's about 5 hours from round rock but worth the trip to mud ride espescially if you want mud and mud only. HOLLA!!!!!!!!! OF COURSE THE WOMEN DO THE COOKING WHILE THE GUYS RIDE LOL

Last edited by fx412inchlift; 05-14-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah you can still get to devil dens on ingram road, just dont get caught back there, I hear it is a 800 fine and the cops have a 4X4 f-150 they ride back there with, but that is what I hear. Also for FX412inch I am from a one stop light town in NC and we have acres and acres of land where we could just ride and ride and get drunk and do about what ever we wanted.So i know exactley what you are talking about. Sure do miss them days.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by fx412inchlift
If you find out then let me know. I'm close to Round Rock and have been looking for a while. I'm from Louisiana and I know alot of old back roads that are hellacious mud riding trips. We used to ride for a whole day out in the woods nothing but mud pulling each other out and drinking beer while laughing at the guy that busted his *** while hooking up the tow rope. If you or any other guys would like to take a weekend and go do some riding then let me know. I don't know anyone here and would like to meet some folks with the same interest. We ride with BBQ Pits blazing and music real loud and have a good time. It's about 5 hours from round rock but worth the trip to mud ride espescially if you want mud and mud only. HOLLA!!!!!!!!! OF COURSE THE WOMEN DO THE COOKING WHILE THE GUYS RIDE LOL

If I take a trip with you, I am making sure I am ahead of you in line. I don't think I will make it very far in your ruts.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:30 PM
It's all good. There would be way bigger trucks there than mine. I may not make it through their ruts. LOL

Last edited by fx412inchlift; 05-15-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
anyone in austin that needs help working on a truck, or just wants to hang out give me a shout!!

Old 05-15-2008, 08:43 PM
We should start an F-150 club. 4X4's and slammed down to the concrete it's alll good just F-150's. Hey Patman are you in the city or the surrounding area?

Last edited by fx412inchlift; 05-15-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by fx412inchlift
We should start an F-150 club. 4X4's and slammed down to the concrete it's alll good just F-150's.
yah ive got this website, its called F150online.com

i like taking pics next to lifted guys too

Old 05-15-2008, 08:52 PM
No I mean real get togethers instead of the internet B.S. Nice trucks by the way.

Last edited by fx412inchlift; 05-15-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Cool Mud Drags

Friend of mine is trying to open a mud drag strip on hwy 90 west between Castroville and Hondo, in Dunlay.

as for Hondo and D'hanis, that where I grew up and I can't really say much for muddin areas unless you know some of the ranchers and/or carry bolt cutters with you. and of course you dont mind getting some of those bullet hole stickers added to your truck.. permanently

if i can get out there sometime to do some work on the old farm i can arrange a mudding event once or twice a year.. just have to charge a truck cover charge and make sure everyone signs liability papers hehehe

Old 05-19-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jordanp252
Yeah you can still get to devil dens on ingram road, just dont get caught back there, I hear it is a 800 fine and the cops have a 4X4 f-150 they ride back there with, but that is what I hear. Also for FX412inch I am from a one stop light town in NC and we have acres and acres of land where we could just ride and ride and get drunk and do about what ever we wanted.So i know exactley what you are talking about. Sure do miss them days.

They now have "Park Police" with 4wheelers and mountain bikes that get back up in there.. seen one unloading a 4wheeler on the other side by the apartments on Sunday. on the timberhill side. Stepsons grandparents live near there. you might have noticed the blue 72 Cutlass Supreme under the carport on timberhill

Old 05-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Wolff-SATX
Friend of mine is trying to open a mud drag strip on hwy 90 west between Castroville and Hondo, in Dunlay.

as for Hondo and D'hanis, that where I grew up and I can't really say much for muddin areas unless you know some of the ranchers and/or carry bolt cutters with you. and of course you dont mind getting some of those bullet hole stickers added to your truck.. permanently

if i can get out there sometime to do some work on the old farm i can arrange a mudding event once or twice a year.. just have to charge a truck cover charge and make sure everyone signs liability papers hehehe
My coworker has 101 acres west of Hondo, but he has to have a few brews in him to let me go out on his land and play around.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:46 PM

Yeah I live out here between 1604 and castroville, it was the most "country" subdivsion that I could find in the area with good prices, but let me know if you do ever find some good muddin' or some where I can go hunting for a good price, never payed to go hunting my whole life back in NC but here it is a little pricey they want 80 just to shoot a pig. Thanks

Old 05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
They now have "Park Police" with 4wheelers and mountain bikes that get back up in there.. seen one unloading a 4wheeler on the other side by the apartments on Sunday. on the timberhill side. Stepsons grandparents live near there. you might have noticed the blue 72 Cutlass Supreme under the carport on timberhill
That is crazy, they prob wouldnt be so strict on it if everybody wasnt dumping all there trash back there (prob wouldnt happen if you didnt have to pay 30 bucks just to go to the landfill). But nah didnt notice the cutlass but will look for it next time i go by there

Quick Reply: San Antonio