South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

anybody else from mississippi????

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I still count??

Born in Oxford, graduated from Long Beach, now living in Virginia.

I used to live over on Marcie Dr. in Long Beach. My old house was leveled. Saw some pictures on Noaa.gov, and I picked out the foundation. Pretty bad. I never hear anything about how things are down there. All we hear up here is New Orleans this and New Orleans that. Don't get me wrong, I feel for the people of N'awlins, but my ties to Long Beach are stronger.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:06 PM
yep, you count

Old 09-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Philadelphia, Ms here

Old 09-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Hello, I'm From Meridian, Ms

GLAD TO SEE MORE MISSISSIPPI MEMBERS ON HERE. THIS SITE HAS HELPED ME TONS.
2002 F-150 SUPER CAB 2WD XLT
RED AND SILVER TWO TONE PAINT
4.6L V-8 AUTO.
63,219 MILES SUPER CLEAN
MPG AVG. 15-LOW 16'S
STOCK EVERYTHING

Old 09-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Ocean Springs here! Glad to hear from some fellow Mississippians!

Katrina left me with 4ft. of water - and lost both vehicles (2002 L had water over the dash) - but it was only stuff lost - it could have been a lot worse. My wife, son and I were here for the storm and made it through "o.k." It has been a one hell of a ride.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by StruckU
Ocean Springs here! Glad to hear from some fellow Mississippians!

Katrina left me with 4ft. of water - and lost both vehicles (2002 L had water over the dash) - but it was only stuff lost - it could have been a lot worse. My wife, son and I were here for the storm and made it through "o.k." It has been a one hell of a ride.
Sorry to hear about the L.
How did your house fare?

Old 09-28-2006, 12:57 PM
If it was'nt for the storm surge it would have been great. I lost two shingles and three oak trees - no other structure damage. The 4ft. surge wiped out everything inside of the house - along with both of our vehicles, furniture, pictures,tools, electronics, etc. The way I describe it to those who were not flooded, is to take a tape measure and go 4 ft. up the wall, then look around your house - everything under that mark is pretty much garbage. The worst part of the surge was that it was'nt just water - it was mud, oil, gas (floated out of the vehicles) and septic back up....absolutely nasty. It was and still has been a long road that I do not want to ever travel again. My Brother and I gutted the place to the ceilings and did just about everything ourselves. We moved back in in January - and life seems to be just about back to normal now.

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Glad to see soooo many from MS
Monticello, MS is here.
All for a get togeather.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by StruckU
If it was'nt for the storm surge it would have been great. I lost two shingles and three oak trees - no other structure damage. The 4ft. surge wiped out everything inside of the house - along with both of our vehicles, furniture, pictures,tools, electronics, etc. The way I describe it to those who were not flooded, is to take a tape measure and go 4 ft. up the wall, then look around your house - everything under that mark is pretty much garbage. The worst part of the surge was that it was'nt just water - it was mud, oil, gas (floated out of the vehicles) and septic back up....absolutely nasty. It was and still has been a long road that I do not want to ever travel again. My Brother and I gutted the place to the ceilings and did just about everything ourselves. We moved back in in January - and life seems to be just about back to normal now.

Thanks!
Sorry to hear that.
Here in Picayune, we got worse winds than you, but we're high enough to have no water problems. I'm really glad of that. My 20 year old mobile home suffered no damage while other houses were really messed up. I guess I'll never understand that.....just thank the good Lord for it.
Glad it's all coming together for you.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Hattiesburg here!!!!! Anyone around here leveled their truck? Thinking about it and want some pointers. I have a 2wd and want the 4wd look.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Hey Labman.

I have a 4x2 as well...Me and a good friend of mine put a 2" AS lift on the front of mine and a 1.5 add a leaf on ther rear. Took us about 3.5 hrs to do.

I wanted the FX4 look for my truck and that is what I got....couldn't be happier.

Good luck!

Old 10-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Stragum
Hey Labman.

I have a 4x2 as well...Me and a good friend of mine put a 2" AS lift on the front of mine and a 1.5 add a leaf on ther rear. Took us about 3.5 hrs to do.

I wanted the FX4 look for my truck and that is what I got....couldn't be happier.

Good luck!
was the add a leaf enough? also was it hard to install? i found the part number for the spacer a 4wd comes with and seems a lot easier to install. i am thinking about a 2" AS and the spacer in the rear. that should give me the exact same level as a 4wd. i also plan on adding the 4wd tow hooks to the front to top it off.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:35 PM
im from jackson and we have land in sledge. its about 20 miles west of sardis

Old 10-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by jntskip
Sorry to hear that.
Here in Picayune, we got worse winds than you, but we're high enough to have no water problems. I'm really glad of that. My 20 year old mobile home suffered no damage while other houses were really messed up. I guess I'll never understand that.....just thank the good Lord for it.
Glad it's all coming together for you.

In 2004 when Florida was being hit weekly, one person in my area had relocated from his mobile home to a friends cement block house. During the height of the hurricane the roof blew off the house so they spent the rest of the storm in the house owner's truck in the driveway. The ironic thing is the visitor's mobile home received no damage.

We're looking for a house to buy in Mississippi now. The in-laws keep telling us the areas that received a lot of wind damage and we don't want to live there. It's nearly impossible to get the in-laws to understand that location is almost irrelevant when it comes to wind damage. Storm surge/flood is a different story. This coming from a veteran of 10 named storms, with 4 considered major hurricanes. None as bad a Katrina though.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Smile

Calhoun City here!

Quick Reply: anybody else from mississippi????