South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Houston Exhaust and Liner mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Houston Exhaust and Liner mods

Can anyone reccommend a good shop to change the exhaust on my 05' F150 5.4 to true duals or side exits.

Also I still haven't gotten the bedliner yet, haven't made up my mind whether to get line-x or rhino liner. What and where have ya'll gotten the bedliners done at?

Anyone do their own subbox installation and if not has any stereo place in houston offered to build a box similar to the downfiring 10" from supercrewsound? I had a downfiring JL in my ranger a long ways back and loved the way it resonated thru the cab and want to duplicate with the new truck.

Old 03-07-2005, 06:39 AM
Cap...

I haven't looked into an exhaust mod beyond talking to my dealer about it. Their take was that the warrantee could be voided on the engine if the exhaust job was not done 'properly'. I read that as "do the mod and your engine warantee is history". I'm not willing to take that chance with a 7 year extended warrantee.

Regarding bedliners, I went with Line-X. There is an installer in Friendswood on 2351 close to Clear Brook High School. It cost me $325 and they did a great job (excellent prep and coverage).

Regarding sound system mods: I'm an O.F. and my stock sound system is just fine with me.

Dave...

Old 03-10-2005, 01:05 AM
If you don't mind driving a bit, "Deer Park Muffler" on Center street out in Deer Park does a very good job on exhaust. I know they used to put on a lot of Flowmasters, but I have not used them for a few years (or anyone else). Good luck! On Hwy 3, across from Ellington Field there is a "TOFF" dealer who does well on spray in's!

Old 03-13-2005, 04:01 PM
I got my exhaust done at Mike's muffler for 299 plus tax. Got all my rhinoliner work done by Town& country truck located on beltway 8 near hammerly.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Deer park muffler is the best. I recently put a magnaflow mulffer on at a La Porte muffler shop and the welding was awful. I took it to Deer Park muffler on center to have him put a 18inch ss magnaflow tip on and he did a great job. He also checked to muffler out for no leaks also. Owners name is Matt

Quick Reply: Houston Exhaust and Liner mods