Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

like the title states I need some help. The other day I was pushing my 2012 screw 3.5 ecoboost pretty hard, and all was well no problems at all. The next day I remote start it get in the truck and parking brake light was on and no brake was on. I also noticed that I was idling higher then it normally did so after driving a few miles to see if it went away I went back home and put my tune back to stock waited about a hour started it with key this time and no brake light just the high idle. I turned it back off and and took key out of ignition and door were closed and I got this high chime beep 5 to be exact now it will do it at random for no reason at all also every time I remote start the truck the brake light stays on please any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:50 AM
have you noticed any issues with the brakes? Is the pedal harder than normal? Does it take increased pedal force to stop the truck?

My best guess is that your vacuum pump is failed. Perhaps they have software to increase the idle speed to provide adequate vacuum without the vacuum pump working.

Take it somewhere to have the codes scanned. You might need to go to a dealer if the cheaper scantools do not pick up the code.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:05 PM
No the brakes feel normal, I will check with my scan tool and see what happens I did load my tune back on it this morning and the brake light went out when remote starting. I checked for codes with my live wire and nothing came up. As for idle it still idling a little high