Option B - Removable Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 10:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Option B - Removable Receiver

I spend a lot of time in my truck so I pay for Sirius. My problem is, the rate keeps going up and I can't listen to it when I am out of the truck.

I'm wondering how easily I could use a portable Sirius receiver in the truck that is currently equipped with Satellite and still be able to use the receiver in the house.

Thoughts?

Old 07-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I used to do that with XM sat. I used a portable XM receiver and an FM modulator. The biggest problem that I had was that the modulator only had about six different output frequencies and no matter which one that I picked, as I drove around I'd run into an area that had a strong signal on that frequency so I had to keep changing frequencies! In one particular area all six of the modulator's frequencies were covered up so I couldn't listen until got out of the area. Long story short, you'll WANT to use a radio receiver that has an audio input jack. A patch cable with an 1/8 inch mini-phono plug on each end isn't hard to find. Check Amazon or E-bay.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have always had a portable receiver...

I like this option because I can take it into the house, or put it in another vehicle...which I did last week...

I use the Isimple adaptor in my 05...I can charge and play my Iphone on it, run my satelite radio through it, and also a tablet if I desire...

Another option is the wired antenna adapter. It worked pretty good before I got the Isimple adaptor, and is an easy install. Just get a Sirius vehicle install kit, and the home kit, and you can pretty much run it anywhere...hook it up to a boom box, bluetooth speaker that has a line in, powered speaker...

The vehicle install kit has an adaptor to hardwire the power to the vehicle (nice option) which leaves the dc adaptor free to use in another vehicle, and the wired antenna adaptor. The home kit has the ac adaptor, and another base, and an antenna...

I have had sirius for over 10 years now, and love the service, but hate the pricing. Just let your subscription lapse for a few weeks and they will beg you to come back for around $4/month for 5 month subscription...

I've gone places that my GPS loses signal, but still had Sirius...

For what is worth!

Old 07-30-2017, 05:05 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
I still use SkyFi ones as in my post .... bulletproof they are.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sa...ml#post4271047

Quick Reply: Option B - Removable Receiver