2012 XLT, Sirius ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 XLT, Sirius ???

The dealer insists that I have satellite radio, and that the radio is satellite ready from the manufacturer. In trying to register the unit, sirius asks for a 12 digit identifier, and after following the instructions to retrieve from the radio, I get a message that satellite not installed. I checked with Sirius and they were unable to give me any information. Just bought the truck, last Friday, but am going on a trip tomorrow and would like to have the sirius. Should I call Ford directly to see what gives?

Pardon if this question was asked and answered a million times, but I could not come up with search parameters that make any sense to me. Also, post #1, so hello all. If this forum is as informative as Corvetteforum.com I will be very pleased

Old 02-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
My dealer did the set up for me when I picked up the truck, so I can't help you a lot. I would take it back to the dealer and have them go tru the setup process.

Welcome to the site! Hey, we are hands down better than a Corvette site!

Old 02-06-2012, 02:39 PM
If prompt replies are an indication, it's a good message board.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:33 AM
Sirius "ready" is not the same thing as having Sirius installed. Does your truck have the black Sirius antenna on the roof?

Quick Reply: 2012 XLT, Sirius ???