I did it!!! One more question..

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did it!!! One more question..

Ok, so after listening to everybody I finally installed my OEM sirius radio in my '07. Armed with the info you guys gave me, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be, thank you! Less than a half hour it took, the toughest part was just trying to run the antenna through the firewall (I mounted it underneath the cowlings). So anyways, I plugged everything in and put it back together and it was working great until all of sudden the display on the radio went out. I still had all the channels, at least I could hear them, however, I didn't know what channel I was on or what song was playing.

I called Sirius and gave them the ID# to the tuner and they said that it was fully active and I should have all the channels. So, by process of elimination, what is it? Anybody? When I turn it to radio it displays like it normally would. Any ideas?

Old 04-07-2008, 06:58 PM
It's reaching but unplug the aux cable from both the sirius tuner and the head unit. Maybe you'll be lucky and it's a simple case of the plug not being seated properly and it jar'd loose while driving. Make sure you push until you hear (feel) a click.

Otherwise from what you decribed it sounds like it could be the Sirius tuner being flaky. Good luck bud!

Old 04-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Just an update... After I posted my earlier post I went back outside and turned my truck on and everything was fine. I don't know if it was a one time thing or what but for the time being, everything is OK. Thanks again for everybodys help!

Quick Reply: I did it!!! One more question..