Sirius Radio Install Question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sirius Radio Install Question...

I bought a Kenwood HU and I told the salesperson that I have Sirius in my truck with the factory HU and I want Sirius radio with the Kenwood.

He said that I will probably need the Sirius Connect SC-C1 Universal Vehicle Tuner and a SiriusConnect™ to Kenwood interface shown below.

Sirius Connect SC-C1 Universal Vehicle Tuner

SiriusConnect™ to Kenwood interface

I'm sure I will need the SiriusConnect™ to Kenwood interface so that the kenwood can control the sirius unit, but if I already have Sirius with the factory HU, shouldn't I already have one of the Sirius Connect SC-C1 Universal Vehicle Tuners in the truck already or is the sirius unit built in the factory HU already?

I don't want to but the sirius tuner if I already have one in the truck.

Thanks.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:56 PM
You will need the SC-C1. I just installed a Pioneer D3 and found myself in the same boat as you. You can check out my review of the D3 for installation details but the bottom line is that you will need the SC-C1 and the bus controller..

Old 03-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Justi
You will need the SC-C1. I just installed a Pioneer D3 and found myself in the same boat as you. You can check out my review of the D3 for installation details but the bottom line is that you will need the SC-C1 and the bus controller..
wow! thanks for the info.

that review / installation was really nice! great job!

Old 03-24-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm having this same install done today, but with a kenwood HU, Question is once install is done how do i reactivate sat? Do i need to call sirius and get codes or what? Thanks

Old 03-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by 2007 FX2
I'm having this same install done today, but with a kenwood HU, Question is once install is done how do i reactivate sat? Do i need to call sirius and get codes or what? Thanks
Call Sirius with the SID of you new receiver and they'll simply port your account to the new radio. And yes, this includes the 6mo free subscription we received with the trucks..

Old 03-28-2008, 10:36 AM
I have a similar kit for my Alpine HU for the Sirius. I mounted my antenna in the passenger side front corner of the dash (under the windshield) and it picks up fine. That way I didn't have to try and run the wire to the exterior and create a bad spot in the paint where it would be. I hid my reciever box in the center console area behind an access panel. It is all out of sight and secure.

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio Install Question...